Should I produce a Jango boot? (Manofwarstudios)

I know I'm a little behind in the response category on this thread, but if there is an accurate boot to be made... I'm definitely in.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Here's an update on the Jango Boot Project.

I've been informed by my sources that the metal molds (Dyes) used to make the original Kenneth Cole "Pit Crew" Soles have all been destroyed. That all subsequent castings that were made and licensed to other brands of footwear are all that remain of the original design.

In a nutshell.....The soles don't exist anymore!

All new aluminum molds would have to be fabricated and this is no cheap task. Several thousands of dollars per size sole I'm told.

So, the new task is to find a compatible replacement?

Does anyone have any ideas or perhaps owns a pair of boots that would pass for the KC pit crew version soles?

If so, then perhaps those soles still exist in the world market?

Share your thoughts guys....

Christian

View attachment 58566

A member here is doing a run of Jango Fett soles, using moulds of actual KC boots/shoes, so I don't know if it's worth the project anymore :\

I thought the sole you found earlier in the thread looked great. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty darn close. Is it not available anymore? If so I think you should keep going. I think there is plenty of interest in all the different versions that use that sole. Just my thoughts though.

Jeeees KaanE...Right for jugular as usual huh? :lol:

You know I'm just being honest. That said, if you could use the sole posted on the first page with a really accurate overall look of the boot, for a reasonable price, I think you will have demand, the question is if it would be enough to justify such an investment.

I thought the sole you found earlier in the thread looked great. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty darn close. Is it not available anymore? If so I think you should keep going. I think there is plenty of interest in all the different versions that use that sole. Just my thoughts though.

Yes, I agree it would of done fine unfortunately that version is 86's too!

I'm starting a build,
Hey guys,

Here's an update on the Jango Boot Project.

I've been informed by my sources that the metal molds (Dyes) used to make the original Kenneth Cole "Pit Crew" Soles have all been destroyed. That all subsequent castings that were made and licensed to other brands of footwear are all that remain of the original design.

In a nutshell.....The soles don't exist anymore!

All new aluminum molds would have to be fabricated and this is no cheap task. Several thousands of dollars per size sole I'm told.

So, the new task is to find a compatible replacement?

Does anyone have any ideas or perhaps owns a pair of boots that would pass for the KC pit crew version soles?

If so, then perhaps those soles still exist in the world market?

Share your thoughts guys....

Christian

I'm starting a Jango build, and I want accuracy, so if you get this done, I'll order a pair of North American 11's

The OP is over 6 years old. Don't think MoW will be making Jango boots if he hasn't already.

Crow62 makes Jango boots if you're looking for some (assuming you can't get ahold of any original Kenneth Cole Pit Crew boots).

www.crowprops.com

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back