Scooter's BM ESB Helmet (MOW gauntlets & BM jet pack too)

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
Scooter's BM ESB Helmet (MOW gaunts & BM rocketpack too)

I am pleased to present TDH and especially Scooter, with the parts he had commissioned me to paint :) I'm satisifed with the results, I hope everyone else (especially Scooter) is too!

BobaMaker Helmet:
The helmet came to me painted entirely ROTJ, painted by BobaMaker himself, it did hurt to have to repaint the helmet, but it was the wish of Scooter :) Owning a BM myself, I'd have to say that this is an extremely beautiful make of helmet. My only gripe with the BM helmet is that the ears are moulded to the helmet, it makes it a tad more difficult to paint, but it was easy to work around.

The helmet was painted with the Rogue Studios paint list, minus the SE damage. The only thing that this helmet lacks to be full ESB, is the lens for the RangeFinder, which as described above the helmet was originally ROTJ.

CIMG1771.jpg

CIMG1772.jpg

CIMG1773.jpg

CIMG1774.jpg

CIMG1775.jpg

CIMG1776.jpg

CIMG1777.jpg

CIMG1778.jpg

CIMG1779.jpg

CIMG1780.jpg

BobaMaker Jet Pack:
The jet pack came partially painted ROTJ all ready, which was stripped and started over beginning its 2nd chance at life as an ESB Jet Pack. The jet pack was painted Panzer Olive Green, plus heavy misting by Grimey Black and Rust colour. The paint was sanded down to expose the silver, which is how I believe the originally ESB jet pack was painted.

The BobaMaker jet pack is a beautiful pack, very crisp lines, and beautifully fiberglassed. It is however a little heavier than I'd like, but there isn't much that can really be done. I have seen many jet packs in my time, and I'd have to say that the BobaMaker jet pack is the strongest jet pack currently on the market.

CIMG1781.jpg

CIMG1782.jpg

CIMG1783.jpg

Man of War Gauntlets:
The Man of War gauntlets came to me in brand new condition, and these were the first pair of MOW's new run of gauntlets that I had ever seen. I searched all over TDH for ages looking for a preferred colour for the gauntlets, but in the end I decided to mix my own colour. I mixed 50/50 Panzer Olive Green with a Flat White. After that for a little more tone, I lightly misted the gauntlets with rust, and added black acrylic smudges.

I was overall impressed with the buildup of the gauntlets, especially the material used in the upper shells. They are lightweight yet strong, and they have very crisp details.

CIMG1784.jpg

CIMG1785.jpg

CIMG1786.jpg

CIMG1787.jpg

CIMG1788.jpg

CIMG1789.jpg

:cheers I'm very pleased with Andy's work. I think he did a fantastic job!

Can't wait to see everything in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
that all looks great. but if i read correctly,the helmet came in ROTJ, so does that mean he doesnt paint ESB?

Hi, I'm new here and I have a really dumb question.
What's the diff between ROTJ and ESB look? I have the MR ESB and I guess I'm just curious in what way the ROTJ is different. :)

Anyways, your work is fantastic, I'm so impressed by all you guys on this forum.

Hi, I'm new here and I have a really dumb question.
What's the diff between ROTJ and ESB look? I have the MR ESB and I guess I'm just curious in what way the ROTJ is different. :)

Anyways, your work is fantastic, I'm so impressed by all you guys on this forum.
Well the ESB and ROTJ paint jobs are completely different when it comes to colours used, and weathering. Not even the RF is the same :)

I must say, those are some beautiful pieces. The buy'ce is very, very well done. I'd love to have one like that. :)

those are some slick paint jobs Andy, shame you had to toast the original ROTJ paintjob

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back