ROTJ Right Gauntlet Hose Connector Parts Found

Tfett40

Active Hunter
So this is interesting. As I await for the completion of my Jetpack to complete my ESB build, I happen to be passing time refurbishing some older ROTJ Gaunlets and helping out a buddy assemble and repaint his ROTJ Gauntlets. My living room is like a gauntlet assembly line:
cROTJproject.jpg

I am familiar with the ESB Gauntlets, but the ROTJs are like a foreign language, so I had to study up on past threads to figure them out. One of the items that we needed to find were the hose connectors:

connection1.jpg

I searched high and low at a few different Home Depot and Lowes with no luck and I had to settle for this:
connectionwrong.jpg

Close but not there. So right when I was about to paint these, I realized I needed to go to the hardware store to pick up some clamps. I marched my way to a small local hardware store in search of clamps and I happen
to walk down the air compressor isle and a shiny beacon of light caught my attention. A brass female to female coupling!!!!!

connectiona1.jpg

COULD IT BE!
connectiona2.jpg

I rushed home, assembled and painted the pieces I had
connection2.jpg

connection1.jpg

connection3.jpg

Pretty dang close. So I did somemore homework and found this thread that was 13years old discussing the found connector part. It appears, I might have found the same part:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/gauntlet-hose-connectors-2708/

Since I am an ESB guy, my ROTJ buddy has convinced me there is a need for this part, especially since the majority of them are resin or casts. I will head back and try to pick up the last few coupling left and if there is
an interest out there for this part, I will offer them in the Cargo Hold. I will finish up painting and weathering the part and post the finished product. Thanks for dropping in.

@le1120 I am looking at around $30-40 for the set shipping included, not painted. I really want to keep the price down, heck we pay enough for stuff already. I'll keep you updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finshed up the paint of the the ROTJ Gauntlet Hose Connections:
1nut.jpg

nut2.jpg

I am pretty happy with my find and the end result. The top needle nose nut is a bit off, but the middle and bottom one are pretty dang close. I still have extras to make a few more sets to offer, but I am still going to be on the hunt for a more accurate needle nose in the meantime. Thanks

How's the hunt for that dreaded part? Do you have any more pics and part numbers?... I'm in the lookout for parts for my almost done gauntlet...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back