Jet Pack Rotj Jetpack Greeblie Test Fit

B0B4F3TT

Hunter
I'm just test fitting the Jetpack metal work and greeblies. Before I paint this sucker I wondered if anyone can see any glaringly obvious mistakes that I've managed to miss ?
I know the 5 pin Xlr isn't an Itt Canon and I will replace it when I find one and the rest of the bits I'm happy with but I would appreciate you guys having a quick look at it please. Many thanks as always.

Attachments

• 20220329_212303.jpg
    20220329_212303.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
  • 20220329_212239.jpg
    20220329_212239.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
B0B4F3TT
This actually looks really, really good. Well done!
:cool:(y)

As a suggestion, and I know its not pictured here but what's equally important will be the hardware you use to mount some of this stuff as it should be a little vintage as well. Try to stay away from Philips head bolts and go with the Slotted head ones instead. Sadly, you'll not find em' in the big box stores like Lowe's or Home Depot (at least I didn't). I live in a smaller town on the outskirts of Seattle, WA and we have a smaller mom & pop hardware store that has a huge selection of vintage hardware. I used this reference pic as my guide in search of the hardware.....
Pre Pro Pack 2.jpg

From this pic I was able to locate a good set of matches for em'. Here are the measurements of what I used for my 5-Pin Female XLR connector and the BNC Connector....
True Value BNC Hardware.jpg

The end result was this (Mounted to a piece of scrap cardboard).....
BNC Connector with hardware.jpg

And here is the result when fitted onto my Jetpack.....
Greeblies Fitted - Pic 1.jpg

Hope this helps!

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
B0B4F3TT
This actually looks really, really good. Well done!
:cool:(y)

As a suggestion, and I know its not pictured here but what's equally important will be the hardware you use to mount some of this stuff as it should be a little vintage as well. Try to stay away from Philips head bolts and go with the Slotted head ones instead. Sadly, you'll not find em' in the big box stores like Lowe's or Home Depot (at least I didn't). I live in a smaller town on the outskirts of Seattle, WA and we have a smaller mom & pop hardware store that has a huge selection of vintage hardware. I used this reference pic as my guide in search of the hardware.....
View attachment 222017

From this pic I was able to locate a good set of matches for em'. Here are the measurements of what I used for my 5-Pin Female XLR connector and the BNC Connector....
View attachment 222018

The end result was this (Mounted to a piece of scrap cardboard).....
View attachment 222019

And here is the result when fitted onto my Jetpack.....
View attachment 222020

Hope this helps!

Best,
-Iron
That's a really good idea, I did it with my blaster, never even crossed my mind to use slotted head bolts on this. That's exactly why I reached out to you guys. Thanks bro.

Very clean and well placed.
I managed to get a Cannon Xlr Plug this morning so it might fit a little better, the ITT website wanted nearly $70 to pick, pack and post one to uk so I sacked it for ages but Irons pics gave me the motivation to search again today and the one I found cost me half of that. Can't remember the supplier name, I'll attach a pic. Obviously it's not a vintage one but I'm happy with it. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220330_171842.jpg
    20220330_171842.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220330_171209.jpg
    20220330_171209.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 116
B0B4F3TT
Yeah, that's the one I nearly went with too. But for some reason I decided to check eBay quick before I placed my order and I seen what appeared to be by my eye, the exact vintage one, and brand new no less!
:oops:
All for the low low price of $21.73 (USD)! My only regret.....the seller had two of em'. I shoulda scooped em' both up!

I've been looking out periodically for em' on eBay again, but thus far, no luck!

-Iron

B0B4F3TT
Yeah, that's the one I nearly went with too. But for some reason I decided to check eBay quick before I placed my order and I seen what appeared to be by my eye, the exact vintage one, and brand new no less!
:oops:
All for the low low price of $21.73 (USD)! My only regret.....the seller had two of em'. I shoulda scooped em' both up!

I've been looking out periodically for em' on eBay again, but thus far, no luck!

-Iron
I think I'm gonna settle with what I've got now, its cost a fortune for them few bits. Most company's that I've dealt with wants a £10 picking fee, £15 shipping then VAT etc and it bumped the prices up massively, especially when you take into account nobody really sees em. The actual parts prices were quite reasonable. If only I'd found em on Ebay before you

I think I'm gonna settle with what I've got now, its cost a fortune for them few bits. Most company's that I've dealt with wants a £10 picking fee, £15 shipping then VAT etc and it bumped the prices up massively, especially when you take into account nobody really sees em. The actual parts prices were quite reasonable. If only I'd found em on Ebay before you
That was supposed to have a smiley at the end, I don't know where it went ?

B0B4F3TT
I figured as much. Are you replying via mobile phone? If so, your native phone emojis will not be recognized and thus, not get posted. You have to do this....
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1648665073571.png

I reply via PC and also usually have some emojis I can copy and paste if need be.
1648665187630.png

-Iron

Both of your jetpack sections look pretty good IMO. Those greeblies were something I intentionally left out of my build, guess I figured I didn't plan on actually using them and I could probably add them later with some modification to my pack. I guess my question is, do you guys hook them up to your hoses, or are they just show?

Mythosaur
Personally for my Jetpack, it's just for show. And not even really that, as you cannot even see the greeblies unless a person awkwardly bends over to see if they are there. Or requested you to remove your jetpack so they can inspect if the greeblies are present - which.....yeah, isn't gonna happen. Hahaha!

Spendy as they are - I just think it is cool to have em' on there.
:cool: (y)

Concerning the hoses from your gauntlets - I wouldn't wanna alter my Arkady Flight Suit to accommodate that. My hoses end shortly after they enter the arm sleeve. Hooked up via D-Ring and picture hangers.

-Iron

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back