For Sale ROTJ Cape Greeblie - 5th Run (OPEN)

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Fellow Fetts,
After contemplating this idea, I finally decided it was time to just try it out. And so, I’m pleased to offer my iteration of a Return of the Jedi, Boba Fett - Cape Greeblie! If you’re unaware of what this item is, it is the little greeblie show here in this screen pic….
Boba Fett - ROTJ Screen Pic - Cape Greeblie.jpg

And also, during “The Magic of Myth” exhibit, shown below….
Boba Fett - Magic of Myth Pics.jpg

The 501st calls this out in their CRL too. (It is a Level II Certification)….
501st Cape Greeblie.jpg

My offering of this little greeblie is made from a product called Lexan, which is a polycarbonate sheet it is even advertised as "Tough Virtually Unbreakable".
Lexan - Polycarbonate Sheet.jpg

The greeblie was hand drawn by me to make one, which was to used as the template and then copied to others. All of which have been hand crafted/shaped via Dremel. Right now, I’m testing the waters so to speak. I am making these available internationally too! I'm offering a run of five finished cape greeblies. If this sells well, I’ll offer future runs. This initial offering will come with free shipping for US Based customers as for my international Fett brothers and sisters, please add an additional $5.00 for postage - which is still a good deal for international shipping. The price for this is....
1) Finished Kit = $30.00/ea (Includes S&H for US Fett's - Fett's outside of the US please add $5.00 for postage)

The kit will come with the necessary hardware (Bolts, Nuts & Finishing Washers) needed to mount this greeblie to your cape. This Finished Kit will be painted, weathered and ready to go on your cape right out of the package. The kits will come mounted to a scrap piece of genuine US Army Half Shelter, showing that the bolt is indeed cut to the correct length to accommodate a US Army Half Shelter.

And here are a sample of the Finished Kits....
Finished Kit.jpg

It is highly recommended that you purchase some Loctite Threadlocker Red 271 (or a similar product) to use, this is so that the nuts do not come loose and fall off during a troop.
Loctite Threadlocker Red 271.jpg

As a reference, here is what my finished product looks like on my ROTJ Fett Kit…
Iron's ROTJ - Example.JPG

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you’re ready to place your order, please remit payment to: Pay Mathieu Walsh using PayPal.Me
In the PayPal description, please include:
a) Your TDH Username:
b) Your Shipping Address:

Here is how'll they look when you receive them....
Ready for New Homes - Finished Kits.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!
1654807004466.png
1654807009299.png

Best,
-Iron

I'll update these lists when I can...
1st Run
Kit Version
The Dented Helmet User
Status
Finished Kit
zombeeman90​
Paid, Shipped and Delivered!
Finished Kit
Jimbo​
Finished Kit
Scratch​
Finished Kit
BH 19713 (International)​
Finished Kit
Billbofett​

2nd Run
Kit Version
The Dented Helmet User
Status
Finished Kit
RexFett​
Finished Kit
RexFett​
Finished Kit
Password​
Finished Kit
rebel scum​
Finished Kit
Slave1Pirate117​

3rd Run
Kit Version
The Dented Helmet User
Status
Finished Kit
Fett97​
Finished Kit
TantivOdessa​
Finished Kit
Jangos kid​
Finished Kit
DennisFett1142​
Finished Kit
aukemy​

4th Run
Kit Version
The Dented Helmet User
Status
Finished Kit
AlphaCloneFett​
Finished Kit
apete30​
Finished Kit
MinaFett​
Finished Kit
MinaFett​
Finished Kit
chondro788​

5th Run
Kit Version
The Dented Helmet User
Status
Finished Kit
SYREX​
Finished Kit
BarryBarrano76​
Paid and Shipped and Delivered!
Finished Kit
cocomonk22​
Paid and Shipped and Delivered!
Finished Kit
Available
Finished Kit
Available

Last edited:
Awesome, this could be a nice little niche you've carved out, I don't think I've seen these anywhere.

By the by, been following your ROTJ build for a while, and it's awesome. I'm definitely stealing some of your ideas for my own!

Awesome, this could be a nice little niche you've carved out, I don't think I've seen these anywhere.

By the by, been following your ROTJ build for a while, and it's awesome. I'm definitely stealing some of your ideas for my own!
Thanks man! Yeah I couldn't really find these either. Granted, it is a little piece and if you're thinking of going for the 501st, it really is only a Level II cert item. But for some reason, I had to have one. Like you, couldn't find this piece anywhere. So....I made one.
:)

It was my intention of doing a 10 of each kit in a run, but again, I'm just testing the waters. I didn't wanna put in the work if these were not gonna sell. If you plan on posting pics of your setup, I'd love to see this on your Fett kit.

-Iron

Last edited:
These look great!

I have a theory about that plate: it is highly possible that the team that worked on ROTJ wanted to redo the Pre-Pro #1 cape clip (they also used the Pre-Pro #1 braids for the hero suit), but ultimately they dropped the idea. Here's the Pre-Pro #1 cape with the clip:
Boba-Fett-Costume-First-Prototype-Assembly-10.jpg

And the Pre-Pro #1 jetpack being modified for ROTJ:
boba-fett-jetpacks-including-damaged-one.jpg

And at least in 1 scene this pack was used:
PP1 to ROTJ Jetpack 2.png

Last edited:
Amazing that I’ve watched the ROTJ Sarlacc scene a million times and have never noticed the cape was fixed to the jet pack.

I've seen and heard a question regarding the Collar Stud placement if they have one already in place. I've seen some people have their Collar Stud in Figure 1 (See below)....
Collar Stud.jpg

The proposed solution for this would be to use that same hole in Figure 1 for one of the holes for the Cape Greeblie, And then place your Collar Stud hole as shown in Figure 2.

Let me know if there are any other questions.
1655859706189.png
1655859712547.png

Thanks,
-Iron

I've seen and heard a question regarding the Collar Stud placement if they have one already in place. I've seen some people have their Collar Stud in Figure 1 (See below)....
View attachment 224965

The proposed solution for this would be to use that same hole in Figure 1 for one of the holes for the Cape Greeblie, And then place your Collar Stud hole as shown in Figure 2.

Let me know if there are any other questions.
View attachment 224966 View attachment 224967

Thanks,
-Iron
exactly what I did :)

This thread is more than 38 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back