ROTJ Borden Connector

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Fellow Fett's,
I've gotten myself a Boba Maker VX Helmet that came with a resin borden connector. I picked up from QuestDesignCanada a Stainless Steel version. The width of the Borden is correct and fits just fine. The issue/dilemma I have is regarding the length. Take a look at the size comparison.....
Borden Size Comparison 1.jpg

Borden Size Comparison 2.jpg

I'm contemplating in cutting the QDC Borden down to the correct size but wanted to get other peoples thoughts on that. Here is what Boba Makers looks like when placed in the helmet....
BM Borden.jpg

To me that looks good as it protrudes a little bit. Now here's a shot of what the QDC version looks like when placed in the helmet....
QDC Borden.jpg

I mean that's just a sticking out too much I think, yeah? I really don't wanna bore out the hole in the helmet, which is why I'm looking at getting it cut. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
-Iron

Look at the reference photos, yes it’s definitely sticking out too far. No need to cut it, just glue it so it only protrudes out a couple mm.

Attachments

• D24733F8-546C-4E1E-9DBB-802AA2E9AD1E.png
    D24733F8-546C-4E1E-9DBB-802AA2E9AD1E.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
Look at the reference photos, yes it’s definitely sticking out too far. No need to cut it, just glue it so it only protrudes out a couple mm.
Jango Fett Jr
So we're talking about boring the hole out in the helmet then? Cause right now it looks like this....
BM Helmet - Borden Hole.jpg

As you can see the hole doesn't go all the way through. I don't think I can bore it out anymore without it going all the way through. Which is why I thought to cut the Stainless Steel Borden.

Thanks,
-Iron

I’d drill it out, it’s how it was done on the originals and it’s easier to adjust if you don’t cut it to the exact length you need.

Attachments

• 21F79072-3C0E-4F1C-9E45-89BD968860C3.png
    21F79072-3C0E-4F1C-9E45-89BD968860C3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back