ROTJ blaster ver. 2

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
Ok, here is my 2nd, well kind of 3rd version of my blaster. Just can't seem to be happy. This time I am fairly happy with it. Here is my version 1-

Image170.gif

Here she is now. The biggest changes are in the body-

IMG_0025.gif

Also made the stock look nicer, and added the greeblies-

IMG_0027.gif

fettenvy

Hunter
yes, indeed very nice! if you are willing to go a little further, I would definately round all the edges of the wood with sand paper... the corners look too square.

but the rest is awesome!

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
Yep, she is scratch built goodness. Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree on the stock. I hit it the best I could by hand. It is solid oak. I am trying to find a short loan on a belt sander or something. I used WOL's templete for the stock- perfect templete I will say. I did have to cut it down about an inch and a half. My arms are a little short

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
Ok guys, I love to take the constructic critism and improve, so I sanded the stock down. I would love to hear more feedbacl before I repaint it-

IMG_0033.gif

IMG_0034.gif

IMG_0035.gif

Oh and here and some early production pics for you all to enjoy-

Image161.gif

Image166.gif

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
hehe, yeah almost forgot about that. That my scratch built Anakin EpIII/Luke EpIV lightsaber. That's actually in progress for a version 2 right now, waiting of grips from Blastech. Have to post pics of that when I'm done. Well, I'm assuming everyone likes the stock, so I will probably repaint it tonight.

PropReplicator

Active Hunter
Great work! I love scrtachbuilt blasters, and yours is excellent. Could you post more progress pics, or some tutorial-type tips?

One thing about the stock, is it a bit dark? Could you work with a lighter stain?

Wayne

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
Hmm maybe its a little dark. I used kind of a dark stain, but also misted black spraypaint over top. Have to check the reference photos again