roger12RAMJET ROTJ Hero Fett W.I.P.

Bobamaker gloves have arrived. Very well put together and definitely look the part. Sweet!

Attachments

• 0CB6C64F-E0B6-427C-BB83-57F80EC82C9C.jpeg
    0CB6C64F-E0B6-427C-BB83-57F80EC82C9C.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 174
  • 2100A919-262B-4405-B0AE-F35472DA4FEB.jpeg
    2100A919-262B-4405-B0AE-F35472DA4FEB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 175
  • 076F50BF-48EC-4E3E-96FB-D9CE68BBC39B.jpeg
    076F50BF-48EC-4E3E-96FB-D9CE68BBC39B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 161
  • AC995DE9-F4EA-4A41-82B9-279C8F82161D.jpeg
    AC995DE9-F4EA-4A41-82B9-279C8F82161D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 173
Great work. I'm about to start mine, but EVA first, while learning 3d print/fibre glass. Did you get these cast for you or do it yourself? I'm in UK and if the EVA looks bad may invest in A 3D printer for future builds. But great work. Do you have the Dimensions for the gauntlets?

Great work. I'm about to start mine, but EVA first, while learning 3d print/fibre glass. Did you get these cast for you or do it yourself? I'm in UK and if the EVA looks bad may invest in A 3D printer for future builds. But great work. Do you have the Dimensions for the gauntlets?

All armour and soft parts were purchased from multiple vendors. I’m painting it all myself.

The gauntlets from Man of War are resin and can be shaped when heated up. RS Propmasters gauntlets have a fibreglass upper on the left arm. The dimensions on mine for both are not as they were when received as I’ve modded them.

I’ve recently acquired the Bobamaker gauntlets and they are the largest of the 3. Waiting on some Fettpride gauntlets too. When I settle on a full setup all the rest will be up for sale in The Cargo Hold.

I tried making stuff myself early on. I was never satisfied with the foamex/sintra armour. I wish I’d never even attempted it as I wasted so much time. It’s in a box in the loft now.

I’ve gone through several different builds with different materials but i never felt like it was a waste of time. You learn new skills and practice techniques until your good at them and when you get the quality pieces, you can do a quality job. It’s all part of the process for me.

One more question for you, where in the UK does the flight suit and flack jacket? All seem to b USA, UNLESS I'm missing them, which isn't hard, thanks in kind

One more question for you, where in the UK does the flight suit and flack jacket? All seem to b USA, UNLESS I'm missing them, which isn't hard, thanks in kind

I’m waiting on a jumpsuit and vest from Clothears. They’re UK based. I bought this jumpsuit before knowing anything about accuracy etc. It was from a guy in Bolivia via Etsy, KriptonTop.

Bobamaker is in Europe. Formerly of the UK now residing in Portugal. No import fees and top quality products.

I’ve gone through several different builds with different materials but i never felt like it was a waste of time. You learn new skills and practice techniques until your good at them and when you get the quality pieces, you can do a quality job. It’s all part of the process for me.

What I meant was I would’ve been finished had I not tried to do it all myself early on. If I had time to spare I’d probably stick with making more myself. I’m a full time engineer and a dad to a one year old. And I’m not the most patient person. I bit the bullet last year and decided to leave the crafting to the experienced people. I’m more of a painter anyways.

What I meant was I would’ve been finished had I not tried to do it all myself early on. If I had time to spare I’d probably stick with making more myself. I’m a full time engineer and a dad to a one year old. And I’m not the most patient person. I bit the bullet last year and decided to leave the crafting to the experienced people. I’m more of a painter anyways.

I wasn’t knocking you in any way. I think your doing a great job. I wish i had more time too. I just think all the trials and tribulations we go through only make us better. Had you not painted your helmet, jetpack, ect. once before, perhaps you wouldn’t be doing such a great job now.(y)

I’m waiting on a jumpsuit and vest from Clothears. They’re UK based. I bought this jumpsuit before knowing anything about accuracy etc. It was from a guy in Bolivia via Etsy, KriptonTop.

Bobamaker is in Europe. Formerly of the UK now residing in Portugal. No import fees and top quality products.
So your getting one from Clothears in UK, ill have a look, cheers

Late summer 2019 I bought a decent airbrush and compressor.

I bought a load of Archive-X as I’m also into scale models. The guys there are very helpful too and masters of their craft.

Got myself a FPH2 and some metal ears and borden from MCR. This is the phase I’m still currently in. All Archive-X apart from the metallics.

I get limited time, but I’m working on it almost everyday.

View attachment 189561View attachment 189555View attachment 189556View attachment 189557View attachment 189558View attachment 189559View attachment 189560

Helmet is still not complete as I got a 2nd set of RS armour on Black Friday. Also started fresh on the gauntlets and jetpack. Pics to follow.
This looks effing amazing! ROTJ is my absolute fave Fett helmet (obviously), and this is spot on!

Do you have a pic of kriptontop soft parts?

Do you have a pic of kriptontop soft parts?

I would avoid him. His reputation is hit or miss.
I heard he will take your money make you wait months then suddenly refund you.
I bought from him before knowing better and got lucky, but I had to replace the cape. It was not an Army half shelter (not that he claimed it was) and the wrong color. I ended up buying a half shelter on eBay. I also had to make several changes to the flight suit. It didn't fit me well. I never used the flak vest. The neck seal, hip pouches and spats are good.

Massive improvements from where you started. Your determination and attention to details are truly commendable.
Thanks. Your build thread was a massive inspiration.

There have been multiple changes to mine since the last update. Including working on a new helmet and armour.

Want to wait until my Clothears suit and vest get to me before putting it all on.

Got an update today from Clothears. My suit is complete. The neck seal is an updated material to what they’ve used before.

Can’t wait to finally put it all on.

Attachments

• F45CB4D1-2113-4842-A7FE-F49CC5739F86.jpeg
    F45CB4D1-2113-4842-A7FE-F49CC5739F86.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 120
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back