Rob Pausa Mandalorian rifle build

BingoMaru

New Hunter
Hello all, new here. As most of you, this new show has inspired me to build this costume. So I decided I'd start with some of the props, staring with his rifle. I downloaded Rob Pausa's awesome file on myminifactory, but there were a few small things I wanted to tweak. For instance, this front prong seemed small based upon the reference photos, so I elongated it to 290mm, and the prongs to 35mm thick, then printed it. As you can see, my modified prong next to the original. And after bodyshoping it smooth, I painted it gloss black, then using the AK Interactive Xtreme Metal paints, put a base coat of chrome down, followed by several layers of transparent colors to emulate the heat scorching, with flat black for the burns. Still a little more weathering to go. Next will be the body.
IMG_20191123_002037.jpg
IMG_20191125_170003.jpg
IMG_20191125_163609.jpg

Wow, I like what I see! *watching* this thread! Is this 3D printed? That rifle on the show is so cool too, love the varied things it can do. Nice work!

Wow, I like what I see! *watching* this thread! Is this 3D printed? That rifle on the show is so cool too, love the varied things it can do. Nice work!
Thanks! Yes, it's 3D printed. All of this rifle will be 3D printed, with the exception of the two tubed making up the barrel of the rifle, and hopefully the stock will be carved from wood. If not, that will be printed as well.

Thanks! Yes, it's 3D printed. All of this rifle will be 3D printed, with the exception of the two tubed making up the barrel of the rifle, and hopefully the stock will be carved from wood. If not, that will be printed as well.
So cool. Very nice. The Mandalorian is a prop makers dream as it’s all so intricate! I especially love the rifle.

First, your build so far looks great! I am working on my own Rob Pausa Mandalorian rifle build. From looking at this reference photo, I agree with you that the original prongs are too small. Is there any chance you would be will to share / sell the stl/obj of your modified version? I understand if not. I am working on developing my modeling skills but they are not up to that level yet. Thanks!

20191129_112509.jpg

Would you list the transparent brand of colors you used on the front fork of the pulse rifle.
They certainly work well and I'd like to try them. Any advice on their application would also
be appreciated.
Thanks

Hey! Would you be willing to go into a little more detail as to the transparent paints you layered on to emulate the heat scorching? My build is 100% complete, but I'm stuck on this very part. Thanks!

Awesome job btw!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back