Rifle gets nerfed

Yep, same lol. Would be a fairly simple conversion to make it the 70" that the actual screen used prop is too
I don't think that's possible tbh , the rifle is made for kids , the only way you could pull it off is if your under 5 feet tall .

Dear Santa...

All I want for Christmas is an official Star Wars Nerf Amban-pulse Blaster Rifle .

Santa: "You'll shoot your eye out"

Yeah, but it'll be worth it...

How accurate is it, do you think? Trying to determine how much modding it would take (beyond painting) to be "troopable". Longer barrel? Thinner front forks?

How accurate is it, do you think? Trying to determine how much modding it would take (beyond painting) to be "troopable". Longer barrel? Thinner front forks?

Off the bat it would have to be longer. I also doubt any nerf component such as the barrel would need some alterations.

I don't think that's possible tbh , the rifle is made for kids , the only way you could pull it off is if your under 5 feet tall .

The actual prop is 70" in length so extend the barrels and the stock for sure. The main portion of the body might need a slight extension as well but all in all, I think it would be pretty do-able.

Definitely worth the price tag for costumers looking to mod it into a useable prop. Specially since it comes with built in lights and sounds where as a 3D printed prop does not and still runs about the same amount money wise.

I did a quick comparo in photoshop and a few things become readily apparent:
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 9.31.33 AM.png

1. Stock is innacurate - needs to slope down behind the trigger guard.
2. Reverse "L" shaped bracket around the frame - and the front of the frame are inaccurate.
3. Scope is too short, and diameter is too large
4. Barrel and underbarrel are too thick - especially the underbarrel.
5. Front fork is too thiqq.

I think overall its too inaccurate to be salvageable for purists but with a good paint up it'll be very convincing.

Oh for sure, it would be a lot of work for someone wanting it to use it specififcally a Din Djarin build but would be easy enough to mod for a custom post-Imperial Mando

Yes, lights and sounds. I’ll have to compare the sounds but the loading mechanism is pretty cool and seems pretty accurate to my memory of the scene with the Jawas!

Looks awesome! Got one in pre order for some time. I'll definitly mod it as much as possible to get it more accurate, but I love the base of it, aswell as the lock and load mechanism plus the sounds. I wouldn't mind sacrificing the actual firing of darts function but I think it's fun to save the rest. Still hasnt gotten in however.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back