Rattlecan Metallic Color, please help

Ordin

New Hunter
So I went to Lowes today and I could not decide between these two rattle can colors for the silver area.

1 - Brillant Silver from Valspar

2 - Metallic Silver from Rust-Olleum

20140924_124055 (4).jpg

Thoughts???

I've also found the same brands of paint work best together, so if you're planning on using Rustoleum for the layer above the silver, you may want to use Rustoleum for the silver as well. It's at least something to consider. I used the testors metallic chrome for a while, but other paint didn't like to go over top so I switched to Rustoleum (but a different one than you have there. Mine had a chrome-like metallic cap).

honestly rusto always works best for me...and like Bounty said dont mix brands if your primer is rusto use rusto silver...I like rusto satin silver...has just the right look when on the helmet and armor.

The Valspar Sucks with the layered method! Couldn't get any paints to stick well to it, and caused peeling when I didn't want it! Even tried to wirewool it with no success to get the paints to bond.

The Valspar Sucks with the layered method! Couldn't get any paints to stick well to it, and caused peeling when I didn't want it! Even tried to wirewool it with no success to get the paints to bond.

yeah, the Valspar is garbage. used it on my ESB sidearm and it was tacky for weeks, didnt adhere to the primer, was extremely difficult to mask and ran really easily. i wont be using it again.

Sent from my R2 unit

yeah, the Valspar is garbage. used it on my ESB sidearm and it was tacky for weeks, didnt adhere to the primer, was extremely difficult to mask and ran really easily. i wont be using it again.

I also had an issue with the Valspar rattle cans... the colors are great but they stay tacky without a sealer for ages. My wife's custom 360 controller that she was thrilled with has been in the drawer for *6 months* and is still tacky.

I just used Rustoleum Universal Flat Soft Iron and Flat Antique Nickel on a project and they both look great. True to the cap color. They also have one called "Dark Steel" that I haven't found in-stock that I would've preferred over the Soft Iron, it is rather dark. I'm an by no means an expert but I think the antique nickel would look good as a base silver for a Mando.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back