Problem with paint wrinkling over and around glue for Han

Crnaherd

New Hunter
So I was on the last few steps of the final base paint of han. I had already put on a couple coats of the main paint I wanted but noticed a very small crack around where Han is glued to the box and where the box starts. So after further thought process and thinking I wouldn't have to sand it to make it blend I chose to use clear Gorilla glue around the entire box to seal and hide the cracks since online it says it can be painted over. Today I went to paint Han and whenever the paint touches the glue it wrinkles. I stopped when I noticed and sanded the other areas and also used alcohol to prep the glue areas. Hit it with some adhesive promoter and it does it again even with adhesive promoter. Right around the edges of where the glue meets the box or han. So it's having some sort of reaction to the paint but I don't know what else to do and I'm honestly very discouraged at this point. I've wanted literally months doing this project and lots of cash and I'm stuck on this part not wanting to further mess it up. What do I do???

Please help me. I've tried everything and I've been working on this thing off and on for 5 years now. I can't give up. I need a solution.

Attachments

• received_2297350903766311.jpeg
    received_2297350903766311.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 133
Yes glue has been cured for a week. I painted it thinking the paint would take.. when I realized it didn't I sanded the remaining and cleaned with alcohol and then tried adding adhesive promoter on the glue. It doesn't the same thing. Makes the paint wrinkles around it.

What I did and worked well was put Mod Podge over the spots where I used the glue. That sealed it. And I was able to paint over it. I sort of accidentally came up with a new way to do the box and it turned out pretty much how I wanted. So I wanted a more metallic Han so I went with Metallic Aluminum Krylon for the entire thing. I had had such issues in the past with this thing so I finally got it painted and I wanted to seal it before I began trying weather techniques so as to not disturb the main base coat. So I got flat crystal clear to spray over it. Well it dulled the metallic look. I had purchased graphite powder in the past thinking I could use it on this but it has to be flat paint to use it. Well I experimented on my mess up with the flat clear coat and used the graphite powder. Well it came out awesome. Still allowed some metallic to show through some giving it a metal look. I taped off and repainted Han because I want him different and will do an acrylic wash on him. But the damn tape messed up a small part of the top so I have to figure a way to correct it without repainting it. I'm gonna try a air brush to fix it. I already mod podged the mistakes. Praying it works but that graphite powder is awesome

20221110_171835.jpg

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back