PreProduction Sling Gun in the Archives!

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
I was browsing some LFL Archive images (the ones posted over at RPF from the Star Wars Blu-Ray Extra) and one image draw my attention:

Snapshot-2011-10-10 at 01_54_01 PM-1741790672.jpg

At a first look there's not much to see, but in that right down corner is deffinitely a Kaizer grip with sling, the same used on the Boba Fett Pre-Pro suits.

Pre-Pro Sling Gun (Kaizer Grip).jpg

I tried to find other images with a better (and direct) view of the Sling Gun but with no results. At least we know that some Pre-Pro parts (especially Pre-Pro #2) had survived 30+ years.

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
Here is another cool find, altough I don't know where this was used (or intended to use - maybe in the desert skiff scene), but is definitely painted in ROTJ colors:

ROTJ Boba Fett Toy.jpg

Muad Dib

Active Hunter
I think this was used for the long distance shot of Fett flailing behind Luke before slamming into the Barge.
They probably stop-motion animated it on the cheap.

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
Please, post the link with the pics... I can't find it!
I found the thread with the links ==> RPF | Good Refs on Blu-Ray. By clicking on the link a new window will open and pressing 'Download' in the left top corner you can get all files in compressed format. Among all the goodies there is a shot of the right shoulder bell (this is not in the TDH Gallery) of the Boba Fett promo suit (Pre-Pro #2 combined armor):

Snapshot-2011-10-10 at 02_24_09 PM-1111274099.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
Here is the video with the full presentation of the Skywalker Ranch Archives Flythrough:

slave1pilot

Well-Known Hunter
Christmas 1980, I received this from my Grandmother (I'm still looking for a replacement)
droidfactory-variation.jpg

And I also got these from my parents: (these are all replacements)
starwarsroom001.jpg

The Box is wrong for that speeder, that box and speeder are from 83-84
The pistol is an original Star Wars, but I got the ESB one that year. (yes, it still works)
I also got tons of figures

I didn't get the 12 inch boba until 2 years ago.
I also have the Stormtrooper, Vader, and Chewbacca (and another Boba). They are all missing a few pieces though.

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
Here is another cool find, altough I don't know where this was used (or intended to use - maybe in the desert skiff scene), but is definitely painted in ROTJ colors:

View attachment 59958
While I was watching ROTJ (and also taking some screen captures) I noticed in the Luke air-kick scene that Boba Fett, who is flying in the background, that he has a yellow left gauntlet. After I found some great images of the 12 inch Boba Fett figure,I made this comparison image (which shows where this toy was used in the movie):

12 Inch ROTJ Boba.jpg

StrumFett

Active Hunter
Very cool Rafal! I don't know how you can find newer elements again and again.