Prep up on rotj gauntlets

bobawomble

Jr Hunter
Hello again all !
I've just been working on my gauntlets which I've finally got to doing and this is how far I've got, ill be adding the progress as I work on them.
20180714_181051566_iOS.jpg 20180714_181059677_iOS.jpg 20180714_181149552_iOS.jpg 20180714_181202812_iOS.jpg

Pretty sure those are Jango gaunts, not ROTJ.
That rocket gauntlet is for Jango/Pre Prod 2. ESB/ROTJ doesn't have the second platform into the rocket. The dental expander greeblee above the keypad is also incorrect.
You're also missing the two hose connectors under the whipcord housing and on the other gauntlet.
ziVEBC2.jpg

Jango gauntlets have no key pad at all or anyplace to put one. Those are ROTJ gauntlets, I am not saying they are screen accurate but they aren't Jango.

Ha thanks for all the side line remarks and observations o_O ! Did I forget to mention I was still working on them but have done as much as I'm going to do ! so without further ado here they are finished !

And in response to your observations yes the greeble is custom made out of a plastic speaker connector from Halfords and the gauntlets are my first attempt at ROTJ'S. The lights on the right are operated by the switches and the same with the left gauntlet light that also blinks. Thank you for the feed back and the guess work o_O
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Update: I'm now working on redoing the left gauntlet. And I'm sure if anybody else wants to give negative feed back ill get it !
for the love of god !
having a hobby sure turned into a perfection dilemma o_O

Love your gauntlet work!

Can you tell me what product or color did you use it for the prep job?
hello there
I used grey prima and then a coat of aluminium then masking liquid technique then then red reddish maroon prima them rubbed masking liquids off to get the results seen
all product were from local hardware shop no fancy stuff just spray paints
hope this helps you ? o_O

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back