Painted my first ESB Boba Fett helmet [photos]

Badgerdash

Jr Hunter
I hope you don't mind if I post a few photos of my Boba Fett helmet. It's my first try at painting a helmet, though I have experience painting other things (miniatures, mainly).

The helmet is an Animefan resin cast. For paint, I used mostly Tamiya spray colours with one or two Mr. Hobby colours and one Asahipen spray colour. I wasn't going for a movie-accurate paint job, and I'm sure you can spot many mistakes I've made. It's more my own artistic impression of Boba Fett's helmet. If you have any tips for next time, I'm all ears.

This forum has been invaluable for the advice, stencils, and so on. Thanks!

N3x3Vwp.jpg

RG6BJZD.jpg

5rUwJlX.jpg

SHnISP3.jpg

ofgcMvQ.jpg

Attachments

• N3x3Vwp.jpg
    N3x3Vwp.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 3,261
  • RG6BJZD.jpg
    RG6BJZD.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 419
  • 5rUwJlX.jpg
    5rUwJlX.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 295
  • SHnISP3.jpg
    SHnISP3.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 223
  • ofgcMvQ.jpg
    ofgcMvQ.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 279
Last edited by a moderator:
Your experience shows. I'm no expert, but this looks incredible to me. The fact that some people can do this kind of quality work on their first try makes me almost want to try and paint mine myself. But I know it wouldn't look anywhere near so good.

Great work!

I like it, it's certainly very sharp and the overall impression is good. Some areas look spot on and whilst I've not sat here looking for areas to pick on I'd say the cats paw area looks distorted and that the killstripes appear too small. It's nice.

I like it, it's certainly very sharp and the overall impression is good. Some areas look spot on and whilst I've not sat here looking for areas to pick on I'd say the cats paw area looks distorted and that the killstripes appear too small. It's nice.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought my killstripes were pretty accurate when I measured them, but I see now they should start slightly more forward.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back