Official Jet Pack Fuel Tanks

TBone

Active Hunter
For anyone scratch building a pack and using soda (beer, can't forget the beer) cans, I found a neat solution for a top and bottom to go on them.

I used 3 cans on each side of mine, and put them together so the bottom of the can would be at the top and bottom of each "tank". You can get a top from a Powerade bottle to fit right inside the bottom lip of the can. It fits perfectly - you could almost get by without having to glue it in.

Last edited by a moderator:

carbonitekid

Active Hunter
I used the bottom and tops off of cylindrical bleach bottles, filled with a two part resin we use at work. Then again I have just checked the size of my pack and I reckon its about 10-20% oversize (but then I did have to build it in a week) :(:facepalm :wacko:(

TBone

Active Hunter
Here is a picture, and you can see what I mean.

The cap pops right in. Amazing! Had I know this, I would have probably used them on the top too.

Boba Freekk

Active Hunter
I used a plexiglass tube for the tanks.For the top I used a small plastic bottle with the correct taper.For the tank caps I found a oversized plastic baseball and cut 2 circles out and glued them to the tops of the tanks.

CombatBaby

Well-Known Hunter
Anybody have any good finds lately on found parts to use for the end caps of the jet pack tanks? I dunno how happy I am with the stuff i have already, want to get as close as I can if possible :facepalm

any help would be greatly appreciated

-=QuinN!

Qman101

Hunter
u can get a cereal box and if u have alan's templates (which u already have) u can print out the blueprints for the tank caps and stick them together. thats what i'm doing right know, but i plan to cover my jp with paper mache when i finish constructing the body, so i doubt this will be any help to you. though, i think u can use sintra instead of the cereal box.

Qman101

Hunter
CombatBaby said:
Anybody have any good finds lately on found parts to use for the end caps of the jet pack tanks? I dunno how happy I am with the stuff i have already, want to get as close as I can if possible :facepalm

any help would be greatly appreciated

-=QuinN!
this is what i'm doing. if u have alan's templates for the jp, print out the tank caps at full size. then get a cereal box (or any thing that's thick and flexible) and glue them together once u get the pieces. but this might not be of any use to u, cus i'm gonna cover my jp with paper mache when i'm finished constructing the body. i think u can use sintra instead of a cereal box instead.

Qman