new Star Wars film

fettshabby67

New Hunter
I'veI been reading a few online plot reveals for plot for the Force Awakens, all seam to focus on the finding of. Lukes ESB lightsaber, the one he lost when Vader chopped his hand off, this is because we see this lightsaber in the 2nd teaser trailer. The possible plot says the lightsaber is floating through space and is found after it lands on a planet (poss Jaaku). Now, there is a 99% chance that the lightsaber seen in the teaser is Lukes ESB one, but how hell can this be, after being sucked out of cloud city it would have fallen to the planet below (Bespin), even a gas giant would have enough gravitational pull to gather it up,

Even by some miraculous event and it managed to travel into outer space, this saved then spent 36 years floating through space before entering a planets atmosphere passing through unscathed and later found on the surface. WTF, something as small as a lightsaber would have burnt up on entry, never minding the fact the speed it would be traveling has it hit the planet surface would totally obliterate it, yet we see this lightsaber in one piece and showing no signs of being on a arduous journey.

Now i know online plot reveals are 99.9% utter banter poo doo but Lukes saber is in the teasr, just how the hell did it get there.

This is a plot point that I am curious about as well. It does look a lot like Luke's ESB saber.

However, like much of what has been presented regarding the trailers, it's all speculation. Rey is a scavenger, so she might just come across it in her findings, or pick it up in a market. We may never know how it just appears.

Was interesting that the sound of the saber lighting up heard at the fade out of the first trailer was when Likes soon to be saber first was opened in the original.....good stuff!

I'm sure you have all also read the speculations that Luke is the new Sith (we know there's always two). This is a consensus of many speculators. That he actually did turn in ROTJ and is using Kylo Ren to fulfill what his father wanted.

Sent from a galaxy far far away

I didn't think Kylo was a sith...just a knight of ren? In that case, does the rule of 2 actually apply? I know Lawrence Kasdan played around with the idea of Luke going bad in ESB, but George Lucas wasn't having it. Possibly an opportunity now to do it? Like many, I just don't see Luke going bad. ...and maybe that's the big reveal.

If the Emperor survived that fall I'll hate to think what state he'd be in, need more than a walking stick to get around.
LOL!

But a master of the Dark Force can be nearly invincible! I mean, if you can lift a finger and throw stuff around with the force, why not be able to stop your body from slamming into Death Star pipes and such? Hmmm.... Personally, I think he turned into greasy spot on the planet Death Ray machine. Can you imagine the storm trooper conversation between the couple of guys manning the controls?

I'm sticking by my comment: Phasma's gonna be one nasty piece of femme sith fatale.

What if Kylo and the girl lead whatever she's called are both some forms of skywalker children via Han and leia. They're both quite young.

Also, in answer to some of the earlier posts: why does the Lake ESB sabers ever have to have left the cloud city when Lake's hand what cut off. If that's the case then there are hundreds of ways it could still surface.

I just cant see kylo ren walking in and saying" Vader's dead the emperor's dead so i'm now the new leader of the empire". and everyone in the empire says OK. Theres got to be some in charge and not some young kid that just shows up years later after vaders and emperors death to be the new leader of the empire.

I just cant see kylo ren walking in and saying" Vader's dead the emperor's dead so i'm now the new leader of the empire". and everyone in the empire says OK. Theres got to be some in charge and not some young kid that just shows up years later after vaders and emperors death to be the new leader of the empire.

I don't believe he is the leader of the empire, the scene with the storm troopers all lined up doesn't have him addressing them

I've heard that Rey is the offspring of Solo but not Leia as her mother but instead he was already married to someone else - true or not I don't know but he is supposed to be a rogue.

Thats possibly Lukes ESB lightsaber (I paused it and had a look) but it could have got sucked into a vent and recovered at Bespin, sold on or bartered, I've no idea. Theres a few lightsabers that got bounded about like the two blue ones that general previous had - what happened to those?

Wasn't Kylo a fallen or Dark Jedi ? It always made me wonder why Luke wore black , maybe a fashion choice :)

"I've heard that Rey is the offspring of Solo but not Leia as her mother but instead he was already married to someone else - true or not I don't know but he is supposed to be a rogue."

God, I just love a good rogue... I admit it! I feel into deep infatuation with Han Solo when I was 10!!
I can only wonder if my daughter, close to that age now will see someone like that in this new movie. Hmm... I don't think they'll ever make another like him in any other movie. Ever.

POSSABLE SPOILER ALERT.

OK, after watching a whole bunch of Star Wars 7 tv spots and trailers i think i now know who Rey is crying over, a lot of rumors think its Han or Chewie but i belive its Finn, in that clip you can see the left shoulder and upper arm of someone wearing a light brown top, and that is Finn.

SPOILERS: DO NOT READ.

Reading aftermath there is a scene where someone has found darth vaders lightsaber and someone is looking for it. There is also a scene where han and chewie decide to go free Kashyyyk. Which will likely explain where they have been in the interim.

Fett: heres your real spoiler.

The movie ends on endor. With Kylo killing his mother and father, Han and Leia. The last scenes in the film is Luke consoling R2 (thats the scene with the hand touching R2, in the woods, and the fire wafting by, he is burning them like he did his father.

The other final scene is the scene people think is the first scene. Kylo talking to the helmet.

JJ is a huge starwars fan, and one of the things that is prominent in star wars cannon is a Jedi hiding in the dark wake of a dark side users death. Yoda did it on Dagobah. And a final nastalgic nod would be for luke to be hiding on endor, right under the nose of the first order, who wants him dead, because of endor.

Han is wearing a leather jacket the same as Finn, and leia is wearing a vest.

Motive? I think luke wouldnt train him, because he felt the dark side.

There is also a scene where Rey implies she is hiding and was left for a reason.

So I think:
Poe is captured by Finn. Taken to the starkiller. Poe is tortured. Finn has his change of heart. He takes off. Is shot down on the planet.

Rey and Finn are picked up by han. Han takes them to the rebel base and the old chick that is telling the story.

Poe is tortured, and somehow leaves and followed back to the planet where the rebels are.

Kylo and the baddies follow poe and attack the rebels. Huge fight ensues.

They escape and they tell the kids about the jedi, and they go to luke.

The empire follows them. (I think to endor, but maybe not, but endor ish).

Kylo comes for han and the kiddos. Kylo takes off his mask and han realizes its his son. (And leia).

They try to talk him down. He kills them. Is about to kill Rey when luke shows up. Luke fends them off. Kylo flees with the helmet.

Last scene is luke burning the bodies. Leaving with the kiddos to teach them the ways of the force. Kylo making his master plan to continue what vader started.

Of course theres a lot of details missing in there, but thats what I think.

I think theres a lot of missing info, and clever editing to make people think that the early scene is kylo with the helmet and his whole goal is to find stuff, but I think thats sort of how things end up.

Just my .02c

- - - Updated - - -

No spoilers:

One thing that I have heard is that luke has been in hiding for 30 years. And that han and chewie were in jail/hiding for 30 years. This would seem to be a dumb move on disneys part if so, because it prevents any new books, novels or movies to fill the middle. So I am going to say that isnt true.

I think its a poor choice to go with a galaxy without jedi, because anyone that has read the EU (Which I have read everything written except young adult books) knows that the Jedi are the focal point and some of the most interesting reading.

Except wraith squadron. Those books were good too.

Yub Yub commander.

- - - Updated - - -

Another point that is pertinent to the new universe is that in Aftermath the imperial remnants look to leave the galaxy, and find the source of the dark side.

It ends with the the entire fleet parked looking out into the unknown regions outside the galaxy (where the vong came from) so in theory thats where the knights of ren probably came from originally. (New Cannon)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back