New guy here from Michigan. Why so many acronym's?

NoGuru

New Hunter
New member here from just outside of Detroit, MI.
I have been 3D printing for over 6 years and built myself a Voron 2.4 from the ground up.
Working on making a full Boba costume and bought the files from Galactic Armory to print.

Right now just trying to gather information and just poking around the forums here everyone uses a lot of Acronym's.
Most of them I cannot figure out since I am new to this. Maybe there is an acronym database somewhere?

I will start a thread soon with all my questions and progress. And look forward to taking with everyone.

New member here from just outside of Detroit, MI.
I have been 3D printing for over 6 years and built myself a Voron 2.4 from the ground up.
Working on making a full Boba costume and bought the files from Galactic Armory to print.

Right now just trying to gather information and just poking around the forums here everyone uses a lot of Acronym's.
Most of them I cannot figure out since I am new to this. Maybe there is an acronym database somewhere?

I will start a thread soon with all my questions and progress. And look forward to taking with everyone.
Welcome! NoGuru

I'm assuming the acronyms you're referencing are below: (These are in reference to the type of Boba Fett builds members are doing since there are 9 different versions. Easier to abbreviate than to type it all out every time fyi)

Pre-pro: Pre production
ESB: Empire Strikes Back
ROTJ: Return of the Jedi
ROTJSE: Return of the Jedi Special Edition
BOBF: Book of Boba Fett

A few other commonly used acronyms are:
W.I.P= Work in Progress
ANH= A New Hope

Hope this helps. If there are any others I have missed let me know. Will be happy to translate. And also, good luck on your build. Great community and a wealth of knowledge here, so you've come to the right place. :cool:

Welcome to the hunt!

Here's a few more for ya!

MCR: Machinecraft Replicas
QDC: QuestDesignCanada
JP: Jetpack
MS2: Mandalorian Season 2
Thank you, these will help too as I have seen them already.

The .STL's I purchased from Galatic Armory say they are form the BOBF <----:) but can they be used for other versions?

I think the version I would like to build it the ROTJ version but I don't don't the differances in the costumes.

Thank you, these will help too as I have seen them already.

The .STL's I purchased from Galatic Armory say they are form the BOBF <----:) but can they be used for other versions?

I think the version I would like to build it the ROTJ version but I don't don't the differances in the costumes.
I can't say for certain but if you're going for a true and accurate build, I'd say no. Or at least not without heavy modifications.

I'm not too familiar with the BoBF costume, but the new armor is different from the classic Fett pieces.

I can't say for certain but if you're going for a true and accurate build, I'd say no. Or at least not without heavy modifications.

I'm not too familiar with the BoBF costume, but the new armor is different from the classic Fett pieces.
Thanks for the info. I am not going for super accurate. I just don't want it to be over Frankenstiend. I am also just build the BOBF one. My thoughts were the ROTJ version is more beat up and since I am new to this it might be easier to do then a clean looking armor.

WDYM?

You’ll also see things like:

FP: Fett Pride
WF: Wasted Fett
MF: Minute Fett
VF: Viva Fett

GMH: Grant McCune Helmet
FPH/FPH2: Fett Pride Helmet / Fett Pride Helmet 2
G2/G5: Generation 2 / Generation 5

PP1/PP2/PP3: Preproduction 1, 2 and 3 versions of Fett

WDYM?

You’ll also see things like:

FP: Fett Pride
WF: Wasted Fett
MF: Minute Fett
VF: Viva Fett

GMH: Grant McCune Helmet
FPH/FPH2: Fett Pride Helmet / Fett Pride Helmet 2
G2/G5: Generation 2 / Generation 5

PP1/PP2/PP3: Preproduction 1, 2 and 3 versions of Fett
WDYM=What do you mean?

FP=Gay Boba?
WF=Drunk Boba
MF=IDK
VF=Celebration Boba?

Sorta joking but sorta not in a sense that it seems to be multiple versions of just the helmet, costume, or both.

Does this not seem confusing to anyone else? I am sure I will start to understand the more I read and study but right now I am lost.

NoGuru
...and let's NOT forget about

TDH = The Dented Helmet

I mean...

1669049711512.png

Seriously though....Welcome! And as BudaFett said, you'll catch on.
1669049829379.png
1669049834775.png

Best,
-Iron

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back