NEW DP 95 WIP

Alrighty- Here we are w/ the stripes...deadland was right on as the reefer is very hard to judge when sprayed.

Stripes1.jpg

Lovely mate, the killstripes really bring the whole paintjob together, dont they? :) in accuracy stakes, I found when looking wt the reference pics and doing the stripes on mine, that the gap in between each stripe is about 2/3rds the size of each stripe. I had some measurements, but cant remember them exactly off hand. The gap in yours are about half the stripe, but I know your helmets sizing is differrent to mine so that may have needed to be adjusted. Now, it all sounds like pretty minor sizing stuff, but I know for mine, that little bit extra gap made it look less cluttered than some of my testing stripes that I had put a bit closer. Again, splendid job, and certainly nothing major, look forward to seeing it all completed shortly bud! :)

:cheers
Lovely mate, the killstripes really bring the whole paintjob together, dont they? :) in accuracy stakes, I found when looking wt the reference pics and doing the stripes on mine, that the gap in between each stripe is about 2/3rds the size of each stripe. I had some measurements, but cant remember them exactly off hand. The gap in yours are about half the stripe, but I know your helmets sizing is differrent to mine so that may have needed to be adjusted. Now, it all sounds like pretty minor sizing stuff, but I know for mine, that little bit extra gap made it look less cluttered than some of my testing stripes that I had put a bit closer. Again, splendid job, and certainly nothing major, look forward to seeing it all completed shortly bud! :)

Hey Jayvee- Thanks man..Ya, I went w/ the stencil sizing bc this lid is tiny! Also, I think the angle the pic was taken is a bit weird as well..notice how close they look as you move to the rear. I also, used the ear and splatter as a guide. When I do my next one it should def be closer to the 2/3 you used as yours looks near perfect man! Thanks again and feel free to give more comments(y)

Always happy to help with any advice my good man - not that your lid needs much mate, as it looks great! And I totally understand how you have to adapt to the size of your lid too. At least of I can help in any little areas that I found worked, then it all may be of some use. The ears should be fairly straight forward bud so looking forward to seeing it complete. All the best brother! :)

Always happy to help with any advice my good man - not that your lid needs much mate, as it looks great! And I totally understand how you have to adapt to the size of your lid too. At least of I can help in any little areas that I found worked, then it all may be of some use. The ears should be fairly straight forward bud so looking forward to seeing it complete. All the best brother! :)

Thanks so much man! I have been referring back to your photos....I havent a clue how you get that "rust spatter" on the dome??? The detail is something I strive for. Amazing work!!!

Hey all- I apologize for the delay...Just busy work/life things..all great, just running low on time the last few weeks. Quick update, Fett7 has grasciously offered to sand up some of the bits on the ears and stalk for me (as they need some prep work). Once these are complete I plan to paint right away. Should have this beast done soon.:lol:
B

Awesome dude! Beautiful work! How do you line up the stencils? I haven't got my helmet yet.. but I did my armour by eye.... but I want my helmet spot on.
Again great work mate! (y)

Awesome dude! Beautiful work! How do you line up the stencils? I haven't got my helmet yet.. but I did my armour by eye.... but I want my helmet spot on.
Again great work mate! (y)
Hey bud- once you size them on your pc, use the architecture of the helmet to guide you..sorry so late on this reply.
Best of luck!

Hey mate, hows the painting going? Is it finished? :) keen to see it as I have my helmet and am working my way through the back panels..... *sigh*... ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back