NEW DP 95 WIP

Had a split second to lay the silver on the dome this evening. If all goes well I will situate the stensils in the next few days. Heres a little snap shot to pass the time:). Thanks guys.

Silverdome1.jpg

Loving ur thread Dynamic1!! cant wait to see it finished! my bobamaker helmet should be in my hands next month and i will definitely be referring to this and Jayvee's and others to help me along!! keep up the great work! :)

Loving ur thread Dynamic1!! cant wait to see it finished! my bobamaker helmet should be in my hands next month and i will definitely be referring to this and Jayvee's and others to help me along!! keep up the great work! :)

Thanks hobbit! Im actually anxious myself to see how the DP looks painted up. I look forward to your paintup brother! Keep checking in as I welcome all of your feedback:cheers

Your paint job looks really good, although I would love to see some higher resolution images (if you don't mind) just too see all the scratches closer.

i have a beginners question for you, how did you transfer the stencils onto the helmet accurately?

as far as your paint job goes, it looks incredible.

i have a beginners question for you, how did you transfer the stencils onto the helmet accurately?

as far as your paint job goes, it looks incredible.

Hey rosskow- Thanks buddy! In order to transfer the stencils you need to purchase carbon paper Easy Graphite Transfer Paper 18" x36" Roll : paper : scrapbooking :  Shop | Joann.com. After prepping your helmet and sizing rafalfetts or rich d's (sorry if I have forgotten anyone) stencils you simply place the carbon paper between your lid and the stencil, trace w/ a sharp pencil and the image will then transfer to the helmet. There are many great turorials around here as well buddy. Hope this helps.

Hey rosskow- Thanks buddy! In order to transfer the stencils you need to purchase carbon paper Easy Graphite Transfer Paper 18" x36" Roll*: paper*: scrapbooking*: *Shop | Joann.com. After prepping your helmet and sizing rafalfetts or rich d's (sorry if I have forgotten anyone) stencils you simply place the carbon paper between your lid and the stencil, trace w/ a sharp pencil and the image will then transfer to the helmet. There are many great turorials around here as well buddy. Hope this helps.

i couldn't ask for a better answer, thank you.

Hey guys- Need some help w/ this sizing. Does this look acurate? Its REALLY close as I look at it but wanted some outside thoughts as the scratch is a definate center piece:)
Thanks

ScratchDemo.jpg

See told you dude that sizing looks perfect. You have done a great job with this lid. Just imagine what you will do once you get a GMH or FP Premium. Hell maybe I will have you finish up mine!!

Looking great brother! The cat scratch looks pretty spot on in that pic, but just to make sure, try taping your rangefinder ear on for reference, and check the reference pics to check the height of the scratch in relation to the top of the ear. If I remember correctly, I think the scratch is a touch higher than the ear. All looking very sweet my good man!

Looking great brother! The cat scratch looks pretty spot on in that pic, but just to make sure, try taping your rangefinder ear on for reference, and check the reference pics to check the height of the scratch in relation to the top of the ear. If I remember correctly, I think the scratch is a touch higher than the ear. All looking very sweet my good man!

All great input guys...Thanks Jayvee, will do this evening!:cheers

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back