Need some help on casting Blasters into Resin -

Jaster Mereel

Active Hunter
I'm sick of carrying waterguns around... yes waterguns.. (which actually are pretty good looking).. but anyway, I wanted to modify these blasters & cast them into Resin. I don't have the supplies to do so, I was thinking of maybe sending them to someone to have them casted into resin, or just learn the art are Resin & attempt it myself - can anyone help me out?

get silicone rubber and make a mold. Make the mother mold out of plaster to save money, time and effort. There are on-line tutorials which can help you.
To teach mold making in one post is not really do-able. Go to the library and get some books or on-line help to visually see how to make a mold. I've included a picture of my Webley mold in production to help out.

A few things to keep in mind is to completely seal up the original so rubber doesn't flow in the wrong places. Avoid undercuts. Make sure the rubber is thick enough so it wont tear and there make a pour spout...

Just a start - perhaps somebody else is better with words?

webmold.gif

Thanks Schaub for your input, heres some stats about the blasters -

From barrel to back it's 8 1/2" from top to bottom handle it's a good 5 1/2"

Blufive: I live in PA, but any help would be great

Here's some pics of the Blasters

Jaster_Blasters.jpg

Jaster_Blasters3.jpg

I hear that. I just finished my right gauntlet which is scratch built. I absolutely love it, but its made out of wood. It just doesnt look right. I would love to vacuuform the gauntlet, or cast it in resin, anything to make it look better.
I dont have any info, just gonna offer up "good luck"

msquared wrote:

I hear that. I just finished my right gauntlet which is scratch built. I absolutely love it, but its made out of wood. It just doesnt look right. I would love to vacuuform the gauntlet, or cast it in resin, anything to make it look better.
I dont have any info, just gonna offer up "good luck"

You can vac over wood real well - granted it is set up to be a vac tool as I'm sure guants are.

JM - those are pretty cool customs. Nice part is that you only need to mold one! It would be a pretty simple mold - just clay it up down the middle!

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back