Need help

woodgod

New Hunter
So I started a rotj boba fett and realized that the black series is not 501 approved. Boba maker can not fill a helmet order until 2023 . So I purchased a helmet from eBay that said 501 approved and the pics were on point , until it came today , wow what a piece of ***t it looked like dude altered a black series helmet completely wrong . So I need to find a helmet used or new that is 501 approved for rotj ?? Help !!!!

There's no such thing as "501st Approved". It's more like "approvable," which is a big difference.

Your best bet is to buy an unfinished cast from one of the reputable folks here on TDH (do a search, there are a handful to choose from) and then paint it yourself or commission a painter (same thing, do a search, the good options are clear). The paint work on the helmet is extremely demanding though, especially if you want to join the 501st.

No matter what route you go, if you want to end up at a level like "501st Approved" you will need to invest time (and money). The classic axiom applies:

Good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Welcome to the hunt!

Buy cheap. Buy twice.
Sorry for your misfortune, but this hobby is all about research and slow progress if you want quality.

There's no such thing as "501st Approved". It's more like "approvable," which is a big difference.

Your best bet is to buy an unfinished cast from one of the reputable folks here on TDH (do a search, there are a handful to choose from) and then paint it yourself or commission a painter (same thing, do a search, the good options are clear). The paint work on the helmet is extremely demanding though, especially if you want to join the 501st.

No matter what route you go, if you want to end up at a level like "501st Approved" you will need to invest time (and money). The classic axiom applies:

Good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Welcome to the hunt!
Lol I hear ya I have time and some money , painting the armor has been a challenge but rewarding, don’t think I can paint the helmet though , but willing to try just need to get a great bucket first
Thank you
So I started a rotj boba fett and realized that the black series is not 501 approved. Boba maker can not fill a helmet order until 2023 . So I purchased a helmet from eBay that said 501 approved and the pics were on point , until it came today , wow what a piece of ***t it looked like dude altered a black series helmet completely wrong . So I need to find a helmet used or new that is 501 approved for rotj ?? Help !!!!
how do you guys feel about minutefett products?

how do you guys feel about minutefett products?
Boy is this a can of worms here lol

When it comes to your helmets that you currently have - you would most likely be able to make your current ones 501st approvable. With the black series helmet you would need to sand or fill the 3D weathering in the paint, replace the visor, and add newer details like new ear caps, range finder, etc. You have even be able to scavenge parts from one of the helmets you currently own to upgrade the other.

Toss some photos up on here and we may be able to assist you further with what you already have instead of dumping more funds. Up to you though!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back