Need a load of help in here

Zurath Kodul

Active Hunter
I'm making a boba suit for my entry into the 501st in '08, My friend made a boba suit, but it's not of the right quality.
Boba2.gif

I need any and all help you can give me on this. He doesn't have the helmet, armor, or pack anymore. What parts in the above pic are good enough to keep for a 501st suit?

Attachments

• Boba2.gif
    Boba2.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 170
It's difficult to tell from the picture, but it doesn't look like there's much there (with the exception of the jumpsuit with a few modifications) worth keeping. The helmet can be re-worked to be a keeper, too, with a new paint job and visor.

The 501st is looking for movie-quality, not so much accuracy, so there are some shortcuts in almost all aspects of the costume. If you hang around here long enough, there are lots of people to show you the way.

What does the lower half look like?

no clue, but he did give me a nice action pic:
BobaFett1.gif

He sent me a few other messages about the suit.
I could help you with Some of the accesories, the majority of it like the armor, back pack, and Mask have not made it. (I know, what else is there to Boba Fett?) All I have is his gloves, gun, and I think his pouches that belt accross the frount of him. When I get some more time I can dig them out for you, and take some pictures. Oh, I actually have his small hand gun, that is rarely shown. it's pretty cool as well. I may even have his shoulder pads. If you have a girl who can sow, and some craftyness, I can tell you how I made my stuff. Let me know if your interested and I can give you all the nitty gritty.

The Armor is way easy if you can paint, and the Mask was just a Don Post Helmet repainted. The back pack...I could not get it to look perfect, but It looked like a 7 out of 10. The Hardest part for me was sowing, and I comissioned a girl how could do that for me.

The armor was made out of Plastic/Foam Place Mattes. Yes, the $1.00 each bargin bin place mattes. They need to be the old Grandma style ones. What you do is turn them over to the underside where there is texture. That is the side you paint. You simply have to paint it, then use silver and black paint to give it that worn metal look. I'm telling you, it sounds really stupid, but it's cheap and easy, and looks great. (Also light weight). They are cheap so you can pratice first. Then you have to Hot Glue them to the Blue Outfit. Now, What I did was made a Blue Jump suit, (or had my girl make it) and then made a seperate vest for all the armor, that velcroed in the back. That way, you can give it that layered look, and can make you self look slimer, or Bigger depending on your size. I had a gut, and I had to use and old belt on to "Suck it all in. "

Take a Picture of boba fett with you to the fabric store and match the colors the best you can. For the Wookie Hair, you use colored rope, that matches boba's.- Sew it too the vest, so it will stay on. You need a tatered old green cape as well. Agian, match it up. The Shoulder pads you can use place mattes as well. Same with his wrist armer. Now, all the gagets and flamerthower appperatus, I had to improvise. Take a trip to the junk yard or Hardware store and buy some stuff that looks the part.

Back Pack. What I did was buy PVC Pipe and made the main stuucture, and then used different size fittings for the rockets and the Missle. They never looked perfect, but it's an idea. Then I went to a Hobby supply store and got some platic sheets that I used to encase it all in. Some of it got melted from the glue I used, but made it look better. Again, you have to be pretty creative with the parts.

Also, where may I find the printable templates?

Attachments

• BobaFett1.gif
    BobaFett1.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 179
hopefull fett said:
I'm making a boba suit for my entry into the 501st in '08, My friend made a boba suit, but it's not of the right quality.

I need any and all help you can give me on this. He doesn't have the helmet, armor, or pack anymore. What parts in the above pic are good enough to keep for a 501st suit?
Hello hopefull fett, and welcome to TDH. :cheers

From what I can see in the pics, you could possibly keep the jumpsuit and gloves. Loose everything else. Also, I would only take your friends stuff, if he is giving it to you for free. If he is asking you to buy the suit from him, say "thanks, but no thanks" and walk away. You are better off saving that money, and putting it toward items you can get here.

You have a few years before you are able to join the 501st. So take your time, do your research, and check the Cargo Hold for pieces and parts that you can get for a good deal.

Gator

I think your Don Post helmet, could look real sweet with a new paintjob and visor. It takes a lot of work and time but will save you money for other things. If you intend on a nice fiberglass bucket eventually, then I probably wouldn't spend time on the DP.

mrgr8ness said:
I think your Don Post helmet, could look real sweet with a new paintjob and visor. It takes a lot of work and time but will save you money for other things. If you intend on a nice fiberglass bucket eventually, then I probably wouldn't spend time on the DP.

I may have forgotten to mention; he doesn't have the helmet anymore....I'll have to rely on you guys for that.

hopefull fett said:
I may have forgotten to mention; he doesn't have the helmet anymore....I'll have to rely on you guys for that.
no, you didn't forget to mention it. people might have missed it on the first post.

oh, and if you want to make armor, you should make them with sintra instead. well, what your friend mentioned might work, but here, armor is HARD, not soft. you don't really have to, though

Qman101 said:
oh, and if you want to make armor, you should make them with sintra instead. well, what your friend mentioned might work, but here, armor is HARD, not soft. you don't really have to, though

or you can make it using a trash can and either way is good. but i think siintra is cheaper. search around and you can find tons of helpful info.also for a cheap jumpsuit you can use a dickies on and a longsleved shirt under.
and you can also use velcro or snaps for your armor instead of hot glue

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back