Nate's (Duder777's) ESB Boba Fett Build Log

jetpack compare.jpg

I thought it would be fun to do a little side by side. I see little differences here and there, but I am happy with my first shot at a jetpack.

This guy was found in my office last night! Still need to get the back armor and jetpack on, plus some more fixing/weathering here and there. I also need to beef up the mannequin's chest a little so it is somewhat closer to mine.
234671DD-8F6A-4A5C-8B2F-470225A87436_zpsfa96olgf.jpg

Snapped some pics this evening with chest beefed up a little, and back armor and jetpack attached!

8FC56925-7B0F-4161-95BD-D6FD4BDB2EAE_zpssubtr7b6.jpg

3308C73E-CCC6-4E8D-BE8B-1B54546A605C_zps5xnmv6ex.jpg

D96374C1-FD50-4103-A1BC-CAFB550E6F4E_zpsdhga8lay.jpg

I will be doing work on the hands and gloves next. The gloves are a horrible color that I need to fix. Getting the hands to grip the EE3 will be a challenge. And I need to weather the knee straps.

Update for tonight - I am very happy that today I finished my base that allows Fett to stand up without tipping over, and hands that actually hold the blaster in place! Over the past month I have made little progress, but did knock out some little details that were bothering me. I think as soon as I get my hands on some better gloves, and hook up the rangefinder and beacon electronics I will probably call this project "done"

3FEC90F5-A619-4BB5-A669-56A45FE3A1AC_zps4g4ymulu.jpg

07B0E80A-483A-44EA-B9ED-906C6480BC7E_zpseayjwx8m.jpg

Looking pretty great dude! Is it just me or the light, or are the gloves a bit pink?

Ha! The gloves are horrible. They do look a bit pink in the pics, but in person it is more of a beige. It was a botched fade job, and rather than try to fix it I am going to get a nice pair of St. Nasty's whenever they become available. Nothing says B.A. bounty hunter like a pair of pink gloves!

update for tonight - i am very happy that today i finished my base that allows fett to stand up without tipping over, and hands that actually hold the blaster in place! Over the past month i have made little progress, but did knock out some little details that were bothering me. I think as soon as i get my hands on some better gloves, and hook up the rangefinder and beacon electronics i will probably call this project "done"

3fec90f5-a619-4bb5-a669-56a45fe3a1ac_zps4g4ymulu.jpg

07b0e80a-483a-44ea-b9ed-906c6480bc7e_zpseayjwx8m.jpg

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :d

Last edited by a moderator:
You can try to salvage them by using a light mix of grey rit dye and giving them a quick dip and quickly rinsing them or airbrushing them grey in the meantime
Ha! The gloves are horrible. They do look a bit pink in the pics, but in person it is more of a beige. It was a botched fade job, and rather than try to fix it I am going to get a nice pair of St. Nasty's whenever they become available. Nothing says B.A. bounty hunter like a pair of pink gloves!

Did you modify the mannequin arms?

I modified the right hand (to hold the rifle), and right shoulder so the arm was angled away from the body in order to fit the stock of the rifle in there. I ended up using an old curtain bracket that I cut and filed to fit in the opening of the mannequin's shoulder, and screwed it into the shoulder of the arm. The elbows were already adjustable which was great.

I modified the right hand (to hold the rifle), and right shoulder so the arm was angled away from the body in order to fit the stock of the rifle in there. I ended up using an old curtain bracket that I cut and filed to fit in the opening of the mannequin's shoulder, and screwed it into the shoulder of the arm. The elbows were already adjustable which was great.
That's awesome. I have one with adjustable elbows too. I'm gonna have to follow your lead.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back