My SCRATCH-BUILT BOOTS - FINALLY DONE!!!

I don't see them either, and it's correctly edited and stuff. I'm not sure what's going on...probably the site is clogged or with trouble. You should see the pics now.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the canvas painted and the spikes. The spikes are glued with Super Glue and then painted silver (not in the pics yet). The middle panel of the canvas will be masked in the sides and then mist it with flat black.

DTSPL-MyBoots-spikes0001.png

JNSOJ-MyBoots-spikes0002.png

And this is the boot with the spikes temporary placed just to let you see how they look like with them.

VQUVA-MyBoots-spikes0004.png

The tear drops will be made of some kind of lycra material, originally bought for the gloves, but will be useful here, which also is naturally grey and misted in flat black as well. The lines will be made with thick black thread and glued in place (just like TK409 did with his boots).

Posting more pics later on.

Robert

:eek:!!!!!!!!!

I am amazed!!!!!

Keep u the excellent work. I can't wait to see the finished product!!!!

My SCRATCH-BUILT BOOTS - FINALLY DONE!!!

Guys, this is it!!! I'm gonna place here different pics of mines and MC's just to compare. Of course, I omitted the back "tongue" from the boots, (no one will see it anyways) and they will never be as accurate or high quality manufacture as MC's, but they are as close as they can be and the most accurate "scratch-built" boots I've seen so far (no pun intended) :rolleyes

This is the last step before glueing the piping, mask the areas on the sides, and mist the middle with flat black
CLWHS-MyBoots0001.png

Now the comparison pics: MC's boots,
cheng1.jpg

cheng2.jpg

and now mines,
XVSSL-MyBoots0003.png

FSBZC-MyBoots0002.png

TVLNF-MyBoots0004.png

JEWUH-MyBoots0005.png

YNEXN-MyBoots0006.png

Sorry that I made pics of just one boot, but by the time I took the pics, I ran out of piping and had to make another run to Walmart. :D Hope you like the pics and my boots.

NOW, I'M COMPLETE!!! From here now, it's just upgrades.

Robert

Excellent work! What did you do around the lower edges where the spat connects onto the sole? I have never been happy with mine there.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! Plenty of love for ya! :D

LisaFett, can you be more specific about the area you're talking about? Well, just in case, I just trimmed the whole lower portion, leaving around 1/2 - 3/4 inch extra before trimming, I made sure the shape fits around the sole and then I cut around really carefully and even, and all i had to do is using the fabric glue right away before the freshly trimmed canvas starts starts to peel the little "hairs" all over the place. YOu have to apply the glue one step at the time, maybe one side first then the other, then the front and then the back,...you have the idea, which I suggest to do that but around (front, side, back, other side). About the sole in the front, I made sure to shape the Epoxy putty really good, and trying the spike brackets at the same time so it could have a nice snug fit and almost no gaps in between (that's a difficult one).

batninja, well, it cost me a total around maybe $30-$40 and a lot of patience and time (not counting the little sewing machine i bought for this purpose).

$10 for the base shoes, around $5 for 2 yards of tan color ducking/canvas, a few cents for the sewing thread (same one I used for the jumpsuit), $3.50 for the fabric glue, and about $2.50 for 3 yards of piping. Whatever the cost for the spray paints, probably $5 (automotive gray primer, flat black), and around $6 for 2 Epoxy Putty packets (Thanks Boba Phat!), and I forgot the cost for the aluminum bar and the wood dowel...probably another $5-$7 total there. Make the numbers. Those prices are aproximate...still cheap for making this project for a scratch-built replica.

Robert

Robert...."You Da Man"! (y)

It looks like that fabric glue can do Fett Boots too.:lol:
Super excellent work and brainstorming the idea of using inexpensive Wal-mart shoes. I don't know about you...but when I'm working on the suit and get into a jam, I head to the nearest store and it always winds up being a Wal-mart! With all the stuff I buy from them and running again & back again.....I think they need to put my picture on the wall next to Sam Waltons' for "most repeated customer".:lol:
//Charlie

In the pictures it looks pretty much like you got the fabric to look like it was tucked into the sole. Maybe just gluing it worked because of the type of shoe you used and the fact that you used canvas. I used suede and had no place on the shoe to tuck it in, so I wound up having to use hot glue to basically make an entirely new sole around the sides. It looks ok from 5 feet up, but I've never been entirely happy.

I see. I made it look like if it's tucked inside the sole, but they're just glued to the side, and working with the edges so they are as close to the sole as possible, basically trying to "tuck" them on the sole, but that's where I applied the most glue.

You can't see very well in the pics, but if you look at the boots closely personally, you'll notice the imperfections and if you notice the pic of the boot facing to the left, pay attention to the area close to the end of the spikes bracket, that there's a little imperfection that was too late to fix and the canvas wasn't measured properly there (just a few millimeters above the edge and of extra canvas I forgot to trim.

Robert

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back