My Man of War Studios ESB Gauntlet Buildup... These babies are done!

Very nice idea CloneCollector! Not trying to steal the thunder from your gaunts (cause they look awesome!), but wanted to show you mine

I really need to weather my flame thrower more. I might black wash it tonight. I also chose to put the flame thrower further back on the gaunt cause from what all I saw, that's how the real screen used one was. I think one of the Pre Pros was up more like yours...or maybe I just remember seeing someone's build like that!

No prob with you showing yours.. that's what TDH is about!

Nice buildup! I've see other guys here with MOW gaunts and they have placed their flamethrowers farther back too. Their are wires in the back... I remember a discussion thread here debating the colors of the wires and wether they were round or flat. I think the consensus was flat wires... but I have to find a certain thread again that listed colors.

I think that my previous Rufkin flamethrower was a bit shorter and the MOW might be longer. So moving it forward to have wires in the back would make it seem longer I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I had to add foam inside mine to get them to fit my arms as Im pretty lean...and I added a piece to the rocket to make it more Accurate...

Hey what did you use for the tip of the Rocket? That looks good! I know there is a little tiny dimple at the tip of my rocket so I could do something similar. Let me know!

I really need to weather my flame thrower more.

After I layered the black paint over the silver, I took some very fine sandpaper (400 grit) and rubbeed it on the black parts. the paint wore off and exposed some silver near the edges. I liked the effect.

I'm finally done with these. There may be some touch up here and there but I think they are finished for the most part. I primered these, then used Rustoleum silver, then a layer of gray primer, next a layer of Rustoleum sage green, and finally a topcoat of Krylon Italian Olive. I weathered these with this Rustolem BLACK primer I found.

Tell me what you think. Thanks!

Fett 4 Real: I added a tip to the missle like you did. I carefully drilled out the tip with a narrow bit (using my fingers!) and inserted a piece of a rivet. It was the perfect size. After the crazy glue dried at used my Dremel to flatten out the tip. Thanks!

DSC00270.JPG

DSC00271.JPG

DSC00272.JPG

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00274.JPG

DSC00275.JPG

DSC00276.JPG

DSC00277.JPG

DSC00278.JPG

DSC00279.JPG

DSC00280.JPG

DSC00281.JPG

DSC00282.JPG

DSC00285.JPG

light from radio shack i dont have it hooked up but it would if you hooked it up

Thanks, I'll check it out.

What did you use for the two buttons on the opposite side?

(I've been prepping mine (MOW) and am getting ready to assemble. Just waiting on two toggle/push switches for the right guantlet.)

Fantastic job, man. I'll be scrutinizing these pics when I'm gonna build mine (with sintra, just like my jetpack naturally ^^)

Well for my MOW build, I didn't use any of that. I went a simple route. I drilled starter holes for the missle, then used wood screws to lock it in place. The same for the rope shooter on the right gaunt. The ESB flamethrower was more complicated with alignment, but I used the same technique. To attach the shells together, I placed fuzzy sided industrial velcro on the gaunts on the inside, then used the hard side as a binder, as you can see from my pics higher in the thread. It's not as sexy of a method, but I was done with mine with no headaches in an hour. Just be sure to do all your painting first. However, it is possible to slowly unscrew your pieces for repainting.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back