My first helmet

psych0ticmisfit

Active Hunter
Well, I just received my first helmet today. It was a purchase from ebay.

Overall it looks good, I have some work ahead of me to get it perfect but hey what do you expect from this hobby. I will have pictures later. Im not sure who the original maker is. Maybe some of you can help me.

So i checked it over today on my lunch break and almost everything is the same size as WOF's templates.

:Things that are different from WOF's templates:

Its overall height from the dome down is a little shorter.
the ear pieces are smaller width and height wise.
the section that the ears attach to is smaller width and height wise.

now I have a question about this. Should i make the ears and things bigger like WOF's templates or should i just leave them as they are?

Well, I just received my first helmet today. It was a purchase from ebay.

Overall it looks good, I have some work ahead of me to get it perfect but hey what do you expect from this hobby. I will have pictures later. Im not sure who the original maker is. Maybe some of you can help me.

So i checked it over today on my lunch break and almost everything is the same size as WOF's templates.

:Things that are different from WOF's templates:

Its overall height from the dome down is a little shorter.
the ear pieces are smaller width and height wise.
the section that the ears attach to is smaller width and height wise.

now I have a question about this. Should i make the ears and things bigger like WOF's templates or should i just leave them as they are?

Who did you purchase it from?

yes ebay from a member thelionstooth i think it was.

SO, Should i make the ears and things bigger like WOF's templates or should i just leave them as they are?

here you can see my scratchbuilt ears on the helmet. Built to WOF's Template size. Below are the ears that came with the helmet compared to the WOF size ones which should i use? it didnt have a left ear by the way, Also i havnt built one yet.

dscn1076gj4.jpg

dscn1075te8.jpg

dscn1077rf6.jpg

dscn1079ct4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
any ideas? I need help deciding which ears to use. I will get pictures of the ears that came with it on the helmet to compare and see what looks better.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back