My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells)

drokkul

Active Hunter
This is my 1st try at painting Fett armor. Please be kind

These were made using WoF's templates and trash cans (I wonder if I did a search on the keyword trash can how many hits would come up:lol: )

I know that the mythosaur symbol is too big, but its saving grace is that it is hand painted.

I also haven't painted the lines around the silver, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not. This is for a stand up display for personal satisfaction and I'm not 100% bound by the phrase "movie-accurate"

Lemme' know what you think. (PS I haven't dull-cote'd yet. If I do anything else to them I will remask the silver then dull-cote after that)
DSC01291.jpg

DSC01292.jpg
 

webchief

Well-Known Hunter
Looking pretty good. Personally I'd add the light yellow around the silver though. Also they seem to be a bit TOO curved. Is it just the angle? Otherwise, great job on the painting... very nice.
 

drokkul

Active Hunter
webchief said:
Also they seem to be a bit TOO curved. Is it just the angle? Otherwise, great job on the painting... very nice.
Yeah...I have never seen a head on shot of the shoulder pieces so that I could get an idea of the arc. If someone could do that I would be most grateful!!!

Thanks for the paint compliment!
 

wickedbeard

Active Hunter
drokkul said:
This is my 1st try at painting Fett armor. Please be kind

These were made using WoF's templates and trash cans (I wonder if I did a search on the keyword trash can how many hits would come up:lol: )

I know that the mythosaur symbol is too big, but its saving grace is that it is hand painted.

I also haven't painted the lines around the silver, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not. This is for a stand up display for personal satisfaction and I'm not 100% bound by the phrase "movie-accurate"

Lemme' know what you think. (PS I haven't dull-cote'd yet. If I do anything else to them I will remask the silver then dull-cote after that)
DSC01291.jpg

DSC01292.jpg
Those look real good, and you handpainted that image? AWESOME!!!I like the dents without the outlines myself.Looks more realistic in my opinion.
Great job.
 

drokkul

Active Hunter
I should clarify on the insignia. To do the creme-ish color rectangle with the rounded ends I masked it off then airbrushed. The skull, however, is the part that was hand painted.

Thanks for the great feedback everybody!!
 

Jangos kid

Well-Known Hunter
webchief said:
Looking pretty good. Personally I'd add the light yellow around the silver though. Also they seem to be a bit TOO curved. Is it just the angle? Otherwise, great job on the painting... very nice.
I agree with everything the Cheif said!;) They look outstanding for your first attempt!!
D
 
Top