MR Boba Fett T visor fix tutorials

AJCG

New Hunter
Hi everyone,

I am new in the forum and I was wondering if anyone has try to fix the MR helmet T visor issue. I have one MR Boba Fett helmet for quite some time but I always have been hesitant to commit this change.

Any leads to tutorials are appreciate it

Cheers

A

The only method that has been done is actually cutting the mandible to physically move it. And those threads no longer have pictures so they wouldn’t be of much help. So really, unless you want to do it blindly, you’ll have to deal with it /:

The only method that has been done is actually cutting the mandible to physically move it. And those threads no longer have pictures so they wouldn’t be of much help. So really, unless you want to do it blindly, you’ll have to deal with it /:
That I what I thought, most of my findings didn't have any pics, thanks for your input. Much appreciate it.

Cheers

A

That I what I thought, most of my findings didn't have any pics, thanks for your input. Much appreciate it.

Cheers

A
Another thing I could think of is sand it down a little bit and then glue a piece of metal on each side of the mandible to physically keep them separated. But that would end up ruining the inside material.

I’ll just keep my MR up on the shelf as a collectible

I think a will let it stay as it is, I also do not want to loose its collector value and after a lot of thinking I don't want to ruin it. I always can get a new lid from a different maker I guess. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

A

If the pinch bothers you that much I suggest selling the helmet in mint condition. Then buying a helmet kit and commissioning it. You’ll come out even but have a much better display piece for an ESB hero than you do now with the PP3 helmet MR made.

If the pinch bothers you that much I suggest selling the helmet in mint condition. Then buying a helmet kit and commissioning it. You’ll come out even but have a much better display piece for an ESB hero than you do now with the PP3 helmet MR made.
It is a possibility, no doubt but I think I will keep it anyway and get a new one in the future

Cheers!

I did the fix to my MR helmet. I cut into the side of the helmet from the corner of the visor almost all the way around to the back and forced the whole side of the helmet up and over. There are some pics here: Master Replicas Fett Helmet... Revised - Brian Anderson

The paint job was ruined by this, but I was planning to convert to ROTJ anyway. I ended up molding the helmet and casting a copy to wear. I used the ears and stalk from the original on the casting.

The original was sacrificed in the process.

I did the fix to my MR helmet. I cut into the side of the helmet from the corner of the visor almost all the way around to the back and forced the whole side of the helmet up and over. There are some pics here: Master Replicas Fett Helmet... Revised - Brian Anderson

The paint job was ruined by this, but I was planning to convert to ROTJ anyway. I ended up molding the helmet and casting a copy to wear. I used the ears and stalk from the original on the casting.

The original was sacrificed in the process.

I can't tell you how many times I looked at that album years ago!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back