Minute Fett Seller's Review.

droidbait

Active Hunter
So where do I even begin with this post, this is directed to Minute Fett but also for everyone to see. This is a buyer's point of view. All this is backed by screenshots for proof. So if you want to see pictures I will create a google drive with all the photos when I have time to upload, writing this on my tablet. I wouldn't recommend Minute Fett to any of my friends. Due to his deceitful product images, customer service, quality issues, change of stories that still puzzles me.

Our PMs via Dented Helmet on March 14th 2020 said around April the stuff would be casted. Luis said it would take 1 full day-3 days tops. I know fiberglass is a pain to work with. So that means you had all of May to get it done. A month is plenty of time for everything I paid to be casted. Also, Etsy gave you the time frame to have it done. And you put down to be shipped by the 22nd of May. That day passed. Now we are into the first week and a half into June. You sent me part of the order. Which I already told you the quality and gripes about it. Some of your messages contradict each other. So it's confusing to follow. From labels never being updated, to I sent them, going to ask my wife if she sent them, never any real follow up. Until I have to hound you for info. I know you messaged me back two days ago. You said at the end of the week I'll get more clear. Not specified if Friday or Sunday.

Or you could have been like "hey man I got the supplies"." I'll start casting your missing stuff." "Clear doesn't arrive till next Tuesday.

I spent $1706.60 for complete Jango Fett armor, so when the armor arrived I started inspecting the armor. I was shocked at some of the quality of the armor. From dings, scratches, thick armor, thin armor, pinholes, dremel marks and MISSING PARTS. I messaged Luis and told him my concerns. Luis told me that sometimes quality slips by and bad parts get sent. Which is concerning to hear. But he replied back and said he would cast new plates for me FREE of charge. Which yeah of course he should. MF let me keep the chest, thighs armor. (I will use it if my armor breaks in the future.) I sent him the knees back to him with my own money. But he sent me new knees. My favorite part from this purchase are the beautiful gauntlets which have minimal quality issues. Really nice quality on these armor parts.

So now it is June 23rd 2020,
I have received some of my MISSING parts.

He did throw some goodies in my purchases including two blasters that require some good bit of work. And like I said he let me keep my chest plates and thighs. Luis from the start told me if I didn't like the quality he would 100% refund me and let me keep the armor. But the bad parts he sent before he replaced. And if something ever broke he would replace at a fraction of the costs. So now let's get down to the quality of the armor.

Helmets: I ordered a dented and undented helmet.

Both helmets look good. But upon closer inspection both helmets are warped BAD in the cheek area. The undented helmet is worse than the dented helmet. Also the undented is very top heavy.
An Undented helmet came today June 23rd. No stalk, ear cap, visor, range finder topper, and warped bad with sticky residue. Not sure if I can remove the stickiness yet. Bad slush casting on the inside.
The Dented helmet is also warped, if I lay it on a flat surface it wobbles left and right and doesn't sit flush. I received a visor, ear cap (bad cast), no stalk, range topper (bad cast.)

Chest Armor: The first set I received was thick, pin holes, dremel marks, and deep scratches.
Replacement parts arrived today June 23rd 2020. Armor is casted nice and light but still has dremel marks and two pinholes. No biggie. No diamond plate tho.

Collar: Thick and heavy. But good.

Thighs: Very good.

Back plate: BAD, once again dremel marks, and cut WAY too much on the sides. No lip or return edge at all. I will have to rebuild that section both left and right.

Cod Plate: Good

Gauntlets: Left/Right uppers beautiful! Slight damage on one corner but fixable. Shells are also nice.
The WHIPCORD is ROTJ lmao. The molds were bad for the Jango cords. So he sent me a ROTJ whipcord thinking I wouldn't notice? Haha, I chuckled. Won't be using those.

Shin/Foot: Minimal pinholes, dremel knick. Good

Knees: First set was bad, new knees are very nice.

Some of the greebs are bad some are good, accessories are good also.

Some of the armor seemed rushed when cutting that's why some of the armor has nicks and scuffs. MF you could have left some fiberglass so I could sand it down to its proper curves. But I should have specified that if I have known. I will need to sand and then sculpt some edges on the back plate.

In the end I got my armor not what I was expecting quality wise. Also MF you shouldn't use Cruzers and Fett Prides pictures as your Etsy stock sales photos. Your quality is not in par with theirs and is very misleading in my opinion. Not saying all the parts are bad. But when you post in the sales description "The armor takes several days to make and must be made slowly to ensure you get the highest quality armor with no air bubbles/defects." And using old photos of their work is completely false and misleading. Minute Fett does deliver and does right but at a cost. If you're reading this either refund me for the helmets and I send them back to you at your own expense. Or send me new helmets and I ship these back to you. ( You pay for shipping also.)

Last edited:
Helmet pics. Not sure if warp shows well in pictures but its noticeable in pics.
20200623_145425.jpg
20200623_145445.jpg
20200623_192146.jpg
20200623_192226.jpg
20200623_150841.jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed the helmet warp. Will trash my molds and cast a new master while removing them from my listings. I’ve removed jango gauntlets and armor from my etsy.

Feel free to send it all back. I’ll refund you 100% including cost of shipping.
As for the flamethrower housing, there’s really not much I can do there, it has to be cast and made thick, the indentation is what reduces the weight of it a bit.

-The first pic of the helmet is a bit deceiving, as that should still buff to a metal shine.

-For the back, I’ll cast you a new one,

For now, I would say please pack up everything and send it all back and I’ll refund the entire purchase price with shipping. Feel free to keep the blasters for your trouble.

Last edited:
Gotcha, about the first picture. I didn't know what that was. I'll remove that photo. Helmet is still warped and top heavy.

No, I dont want to send it all back. Majority of the stuff is good quality. And like I said you do right.

For the flamethrower housing, dang really? That's one heavy boii. But gotcha, if its supposed to be like that I'll use it. Edited my post.

You do good for the community and your stuff is good for the most part. but it's the lack of honesty, diligence, communicating and being forgetful. That left a negative impact on my desire to do Jango and recommend you as a seller. That's what you need to work on in my opinion as a seller. As my armor shows on some areas it felt rushed. Although the new pieces you sent me are far greater than what you originally sent me. So I know the quality is there.

Last edited:
Gotcha, about the first picture. I didn't know what that was. I'll remove that photo. Helmet is still warped and top heavy.

No, I dont want to send it all back. Majority of the stuff is good quality. And like I said you do right.

For the flamethrower housing, dang really? That's one heavy boii. But gotcha, if its supposed to be like that I'll use it. Edited my post.

You do good for the community and your stuff is good for the most part. but it's the lack honesty, diligence, communicating and being forgetful. That left a negative impact on my desire to do Jango and recommend you as a seller. That's what you need to work on in my opinion as a seller. As my armor shows on some areas it felt rushed. Although the new pieces you sent me are far greater than what you originally sent me. So I know the quality is there.

I could either make it a full thick cast, or I could fiberglass the housing and fuse them together which would make for a very messy housing IMO. Currently looking to remold this to make it cleaner.

Understood, thank you for the advice. Let me know what you’d like to send back and I’ll take care of it. For anything else, please let me know what to replace and I’ll do it. Heck, by the time I do, you’ll have two full jango kits lol! For the whipcord, I sent you a rotj as all it needed was a small lip to be cut off, I did not mean to trick you or anything. I figured it would be better than the other whipcord I sent you as that mold is crumbling and in pieces. Let me know and I’ll cast a new whipcord and cut off the lip myself and send that over as well,

I could either make it a full thick cast, or I could fiberglass the housing and fuse them together which would make for a very messy housing IMO. Currently looking to remold this to make it cleaner.

Understood, thank you for the advice. Let me know what you’d like to send back and I’ll take care of it. For anything else, please let me know what to replace and I’ll do it. Heck, by the time I do, you’ll have two full jango kits lol! For the whipcord, I sent you a rotj as all it needed was a small lip to be cut off, I did not mean to trick you or anything. I figured it would be better than the other whipcord I sent you as that mold is crumbling and in pieces. Let me know and I’ll cast a new whipcord and cut off the lip myself and send that over as well,
The helmets are pretty much the only thing. Unless you want to send me a backplate. If not I will fix it myself. I'll just need to sculpt a small lip and sand it. Not wanting to do it to both sides. Like I said the rest of the stuff is good. Especially the replacement parts you sent.
The whipcord for ROTJ is different size of the Jango whipcord? Other than the small part at the bottom that I will have to cut and redo?

The helmets are pretty much the only thing. Unless you want to send me a backplate. If not I will fix it myself. I'll just need to sculpt a small lip and sand it. Not wanting to do it to both sides. Like I said the rest of the stuff is good. Especially the replacement parts you sent.
The whipcord for ROTJ is different size of the Jango whipcord? Other than the small part at the bottom that I will have to cut and redo?
Ohhh you know what, I just pulled the masters and I see where I messed up. The jango whipcord is a bit different as the metal rod on the side should be shorter.

Let me send a new back and the whipcord.

Whenever you get the chance send back those helmets. If you want to keep them, I’ll send you a partial refund of 60% if you want to try and fix the warp. But thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will pull a new master from the production mold and make a thick sturdy casting to prevent this from happening again.

Ohhh you know what, I just pulled the masters and I see where I messed up. The jango whipcord is a bit different as the metal rod on the side should be shorter.

Let me send a new back and the whipcord.

Whenever you get the chance send back those helmets. If you want to keep them, I’ll send you a partial refund of 60% if you want to try and fix the warp. But thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will pull a new master from the production mold and make a thick sturdy casting to prevent this from happening again.
I'll get the heat gun and see if I can fix the warp issue on the helmets. Thank you MF for the fast replies back.

I'll get the heat gun and see if I can fix the warp issue on the helmets. Thank you MF for the fast replies back.
Understood. A tip I learned for warps is try using a heat gun or boiling water to reshape it, and quickly after that place it in cold water, so that it maintains the shape.

I’ll leave the back rough trimmed if that’s ok. With my medicine I find that I don’t have the steadiest hands and would not like to ruin it again. I’ll update my sales thread to note that all items will now come rough trimmed with a price to reflect that as well.

Understood. A tip I learned for warps is try using a heat gun or boiling water to reshape it, and quickly after that place it in cold water, so that it maintains the shape.

I’ll leave the back rough trimmed if that’s ok. With my medicine I find that I don’t have the steadiest hands and would not like to ruin it again. I’ll update my sales thread to note that all items will now come rough trimmed with a price to reflect that as well.
That's definitely ok Luis and understandable.

I wouldn't trim anything tbh , return edges can be a personal choice

Watching this thread.
I have placed an order with MF on the Etsy shop, back in April. Paid for full set of ROTJ armor. Seller hasn’t shipped yet and it’s going on 4 months now. The ad says 5 to 10 weeks for processing. It’s well past that time now. Recently, the sale was marked as shipped but the tracking shows that only a shipping label was created, nothing has actually been received at any post office. I believe this was done as a pacifier, due to my several messages with requests for an update. The seller keeps claiming that due to Covid they cannot get the materials needed to make the product. I get it, the pandemic has been a nightmare. But, if you do not have the supplies, why do you continue to take people’s money? Your ads should, at least, say something like “due to the recent pandemic, these items are currently not available” or just take them down. It is unethical to accept payment for something when you don’t actually have any idea when you might be able to provide the product.
As far as the Covid thing goes, I know it is difficult to receive items from other countries right now. But it’s not impossible. During the time that I have placed my order on MFs Etsy shop, I had also placed several orders from folks In Canada and even China. And I have already received those orders.
Yet, Minute Fett has still not shipped anything. I am only giving it a little more time before I am forced to open a case with Etsy regarding my transaction.
In retrospect, when I first saw that Minute Fett was given the go-ahead to start selling Fett Pride’s product and make good with a lot of buyers that were wronged in the past, It seemed like it would be a good thing. But, now I am starting to feel as though history is going to repeat itself. -I sure hope not.

here are the Etsy messages:

Last edited:
It seems you're not the same person with issues with him. He doesn't get much on here anymore. As stated on one of his posts. I hope you get your stuff soon. I went through the same issue with tracking. You'll get your stuff, hound him some more. I know its annoying. His customer service is not the best.

I can’t say that I have had this same problem. I have bought from MinuteFett before in the past, to be specific a ROTJ helmet and gauntlets. I also had an issue where he couldn’t get the metal parts from China fast enough for the time he was making the product. After constantly annoying him with messages he did send me everything he had at the time minus the rangefinder stalk and the darts for the gauntlets. Once I did let him know we did come to a conclusion of a refund basically. So in my experience as long as you keep sending him messages he’ll get to you and try his best to make right with the buyer. He seems pretty busy so that’s why I had to barrage him with messages but so far I haven’t gotten a product I’m not unhappy with from him.

While I know he will eventually send you the ordered parts or will do a full refund, it is sad to see that issues like this are still happening, not to mention the wasted time...
I think most vendors have issues but unfortunately for mf his have been brought to the forefront and aired publicly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back