Master Replicas Fett Helmet

Merlin707

New Hunter
Hey all,

Question to those that have the MR Helmet, what’s the view picture like when wearing it?

Is it practical to wear and will I be able to adequately see through it while trooping as I’ve read mixed reviews?

Thanks

Looking through it, everything is dark green. However, I noticed that, while wearing it and looking through the mirror, for me to look through the horizontal part of the "T" visor, my head tends to nod. It's probably better to look through the vertical portion of the "T" to mimic the look of Fett looking forward. However, you sacrifice your horizontal range or view. Further, the helmet, though wearable, is heavy. If your neck-spine is sensitive to pressure, a lighter helmet might be called for.

Merlin707 what Fett are you trying to build? ESB or ROTJ. On a previous post you mentioned the MR Blaster which is for ROTJ. The MR Boba Fett helmet is suppose to be ESB, however the paintjob for ESB is not 100% accurate, it is a mix between the ESB helmet and the Pre-pro 3 helmet. In addition, the visor taper in towards the bottom of the helmet instead of running straight down. Once again, this is another piece, I would store for collection value and not troop with.

Merlin707 what Fett are you trying to build? ESB or ROTJ. On a previous post you mentioned the MR Blaster which is for ROTJ. The MR Boba Fett helmet is suppose to be ESB, however the paintjob for ESB is not 100% accurate, it is a mix between the ESB helmet and the Pre-pro 3 helmet. In addition, the visor taper in towards the bottom of the helmet instead of running straight down. Once again, this is another piece, I would store for collection value and not troop with.
Hi Tfett40,
I was looking at the ROTJ Fett to cosplay. I didn’t realise the MR Helmet was from ESB as I was always told MR modelled both from ROTJ.
Now that I have been educated I will take your advice and just display them both for what they are and look to get a ROTJ Helmet that is accepted for trooping.

Everyday is a schoolday which is what I like about these forums. Saves me making a fool of myself on my first troop.

The MR helmet is rather heavy to troop in. The visor is also pinched.

In terms of what helmet the MR is replicated from the MR was scanned from the PP3. It's not a mix and match of PP3-ESB. THE PP3 and ESB are very similar in paint. I believe Joe Johnson painted the hero and Sandy painted the PP3.

If you're trooping I'd look to get a FPH2 from Wasted Fett. It's perfect for trooping and has all the physical damage in the sculpt. You'll have to get it painted though. The helmet plus paint commission would also be a lot cheaper than buying a MR.

rnbuda okay, my bad. I was under the impression it was PP3-ESB mix, based on this thread conversation. But I misread it. Thanks
Master Replicas LE Helmet

Obviously that bright green on the back panel is the paint difference that stands out from the ESB.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back