Mandalorian wedding ???

My fiance is in the process of making the female mando costume. She just finished the weathering she just has some of the soft parts left. She got pretty creative in making the feather things that are around the shoulder bells. I will see what I can do about getting some pics.

Couples could make up emblems for one another and combine the two to make a family crest of sorts.

The vows are:
Mhi solus tome
Mhi solus dar'tome
Mhi me'dinul an
Mhi ba'jurl verde

We are one when together
We are one when parted
We share all
We will raise warrios

My fiance is in the process of making the female mando costume. She just finished the weathering she just has some of the soft parts left. She got pretty creative in making the feather things that are around the shoulder bells. I will see what I can do about getting some pics.

Greg, since you proposed while trooping, do I smell a Mando wedding cooking up?

I was probably going to see if I could have some feather-like pieces lasered out and glued onto a set of WOF laser cut shoulder bells for my friend who's going to start making that costume.

In about a week i am going to start making this female mando or something very similar to it. Im hoping to have it finished for C4! Im going to use sintra for the armor parts. I have no experience with the sintra though. I'll cross my fingers!:lol:

I'm sure it is going to take sometime but I'm sure there is someone out there for all of us. Now lets start seeing some progress pics so I can day dream of the future.

Though The Sniffer forgot "Sniff on my dear brother! Sniff on!"

My femme mando from the mandalorian wedding photo is coming along nicely. Im a bit stumped with the cod piece. There is a black semi transparant dome on the top. It looks like an R2-D2 eye. Any suggestion of what to use?

try this...

get a small square of plywood. If your "transparent dome" is say, 4 inches in diameter, get a 6" sqauare of plywood and cut the 4 inch circle out of it. Now get yourself some smoke tint acrylic probably bout 1/4" id say...and heat it up in your oven.

now your best bet is with that square make a little box that will hook up to a vaccumm. Like with the hose connection. Once you have a sweet little vac box, get that acrylic nice and hot and flimsy. pull it out and set it over the hole, and then turn the vac on...but turn it on in spurts...and that should give you your semi transparent dome.

My femme mando from the mandalorian wedding photo is coming along nicely. Im a bit stumped with the cod piece. There is a black semi transparant dome on the top. It looks like an R2-D2 eye. Any suggestion of what to use?

hmmm, I dunno but that just looks like her belt buckle, granted it looks like it's a black semi transparent dome, like a jewel maybe?

My suggestion to you is to wander the toy sections in search of an oversized "cow eye" marble or rubber bouncy ball (I've seen some of those at Target years ago). I'd suggest the rubber ball because it would be much easier to cut in half and turn into that "dome".

Failing that, I'm sure you could do a search on "acrylic gemstones" and find the right sized orb/jewel to use for that belt buckle. Incidentally, craft stores also carry orbs that are in fact two halves you can fill with decorative greeblies and turn into (christmas) ornaments, one of smaller size could also do nicely.

Another thing I thought was interesting were the famous "feathered shoulder bells". I think it's actually padding underneath the shoulder bell, similar to the ribbing in Vader's gloves, but that's just my take on it.

Anyone know Hodges personally and could confirm this?

yea i think that is a belt buckle, maybe a USMC quick release style belt just more built up around the sides and the Gem in the center, you could possibly make it out of sintra or some other plastic and glue it on the front of the clip

untitled.JPG

I love this topic. Wanting to figure out how to craft such armor for my girlfriend is the reason I came here in the first place. Oh what fortune that such a topic exists! :D

The vows are:
Mhi solus tome
Mhi solus dar'tome
Mhi me'dinul an
Mhi ba'jurl verde
Absolutely love it. Did you come up with that or find it somewhere? Either way, I hope you don't mind that I've borrowed it (points to signature). :cheers

I didn't see any direct guidance in this topic, and I hate to ask such a n00bish question, but has anyone found or created some starting points for crafting the female armor? I would greatly appreciate any pointers!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ni emuurir haar dala beskar'gam bat ibac sur'gaan (Translate if you dare, muhahaha), and yes I love the idea of seeing more female Mandos. This picture is one of those I like more than others, because of the fact it shows more variants than just the standard boba/jango ones.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back