Making some gauntlets

Cal - If you need an intern to help lighten the load...;)

Ok, maybe I'd get in the way with my no talent! A person with the eye for detail, but can't do anything about it, is just a complainer to everyone else! :lol: My Garrison is tired of my "I can't stand the FX helmets" rants! :rolleyes

Ok ok...back on topic! Sorry I doubted the wonderful wizard of Zam (Cal)! I should've known better! ;)

Keep up the awesome work, Cal! You can do it! (y) Just pace your self! Don't burn your self out!

Tony, it's good to double check those little details ;) ya never know....

JD, you're beginning to learn the ways of the MonCal .......... craziness though it may be:eek: ... ok. so that's just jibberish ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my plan was to make resin castings, clean them up, make new molds and then cast them in fiberglass but I'm running out of time so I figured I'd just make them in urethane resin and see how they hold up at CIV.

mygauntlets15smfv4.jpg

mygauntlets16smdd8.jpg

mygauntlets17smyu6.jpg

mygauntlets18smuy3.jpg

mygauntlets20smrq2.jpg

I have no idea on cost yet so I'll try to figure that out after CIV probably :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... seeing how I'm done with Zam for CIV in any case :cry (I'm still cramming for my daughter's Padme to get done here! ;) )Are you still going to do the resin castings later after CIV? If so, I'll just wait for that.

What's another month at this point... *sighs heavily....* :lol:

Seriously tho Cal... whatever works best for you! :)

Thanks gang! :)
I'm pretty happy with them and since these were just supposed to be a trial set to make better I am definitely pleased so far and the resin seems pretty danged strong so heck ... if they hold up o.k. for CIV I might just make them in urethane instead of fiberglass. It's less hazardous :p

I'll definitely be able to offer them after CIV so once we get back and settled in again I'll assess it and proceed from there :)

I think JDFett has a Sithly plan going on there! ;)

Great Cal! Can't wait to get those in my grubby hands either! :lol: !!! Then my mission will be complete! :D :D

Due to the CIV rush I didn't have much time to take or post pics of the gauntlets, hand guards, or thumb guards but here are some pics of them finished and on the costume:

ourzam26sm.jpg

ourzam33sm.jpg

Does anyone have a 2D or flat picture of the gauntlets before being made cylindrical?

I'm using a dremel tool and clay for my pieces and I can't follow the design around her arm. My doll's gauntlets aren't the best detail and the pics make it hard to visualize the design around the arm. How did ya’ll discover the pattern?

To be honest, there aren't any really good photos of the gauntlets. Most of the pictures were taken askew so it's tough to scale them. I used the items I know the sizes of in photos to scale along with the reference measurements given a long time ago on an ebay auction of an original gauntlet.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back