Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, in this hobby, you only get to pick two:

CHEAP
FAST
ACCURATE

Good luck in your search.
I disagree....you don't get cheap and accurate....you don't typically get fast and accurate...but if its cheap and fast its unlikely accurate. Unless you get lucky and find something at a yard sale like an MQ1 or other found part, items that are budget friendly aren't very accurate.

Best advice is save for the good stuff, or compromise and buy the next best thing or used item. I say don't skimp on them as theyre very visible, and can make a good suit great or a good suit mediocre.

Haha, well, the idea is that you can't have your cake and eat it too. You only get to pick two in this (or any other) hobby:

CHEAP + FAST = more than likely not accurate (substitute "good") - I make a lot of these parts :D

CHEAP + ACCURATE/GOOD = handmade, found items, or a solid seller with a long list... any of the three takes a long time

FAST + ACCURATE/GOOD = ain't gonna be cheap. Either you're paying someone a lot to rush job (etsy) or you've found someone's that's already finished (here)

Another fast + accurate is in regards to paint jobs. I know quite a few folks that are fabulous artists, but they don't make the parts. For example, I got Darth Stone's Vader bucket, but unfinished, because he takes a really long time. I got my Vader helmet painted at a body shop that specializes in custom cars. Gave them paint codes, schematics, and a fistful of dollars, and I got handed a beautiful bucket.

I personally don't know anywhere to get cheap, accurate parts with a quickness. Definitely not boots.

I disagree....you don't get cheap and accurate....you don't typically get fast and accurate...but if its cheap and fast its unlikely accurate. Unless you get lucky and find something at a yard sale like an MQ1 or other found part, items that are budget friendly aren't very accurate.

Best advice is save for the good stuff, or compromise and buy the next best thing or used item. I say don't skimp on them as theyre very visible, and can make a good suit great or a good suit mediocre.

Well I'm not funny about cheap, but $200 Australian is all I'd be aiming for. (which is like $150-160 American).

- - - Updated - - -

website says Mexico as far as where.........just send them a email and ask about shipping.

Alright I'll just do that, it says champion attitude so I'd assume.

Well I'm not funny about cheap, but $200 Australian is all I'd be aiming for. (which is like $150-160 American).

- - - Updated - - -

Alright I'll just do that, it says champion attitude so I'd assume.

bobanwb.jpg

I wouldn´t buy these ones, your title says "looking for the perfect boots..."... They don´t look right. If I would be you, I´d save some more money and THEN buy from a really good maker around here. So you live in australian? Don´t forget the customs... they can get a little pricey (in germany it´s the case). But it´s your money. ;)

View attachment 92910

I wouldn´t buy these ones, your title says "looking for the perfect boots..."... They don´t look right. If I would be you, I´d save some more money and THEN buy from a really good maker around here. So you live in australian? Don´t forget the customs... they can get a little pricey (in germany it´s the case). But it´s your money. ;)

Yes they can get pricey, but it is very hard to find good boots that won't burn a hole in my budget
I can do 200 but probably not 300-400.

This is AUD by the way. Like 150 USD is 200 for me.

Make them. Cheaper and more screen accurate. Learn to use a leather needle, buy cheap converse rip offs, use only the sole and go to town. Did that with my Commander Bly Boots.

Sent from my LGLS991

I can't seem to find any. But these are the exact ones that I followed to make my clone boots. The boba boots are super easy to make it you get a boot that is similar to the style already. The brown ones are what I am using for my boba. A little paint, staining, some round leather strap for the verticle lines and you have a boba. [emoji16] uploadfromtaptalk1445533830945.png
uploadfromtaptalk1445533743026.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991

I can't seem to find any. But these are the exact ones that I followed to make my clone boots. The boba boots are super easy to make it you get a boot that is similar to the style already. The brown ones are what I am using for my boba. A little paint, staining, some round leather strap for the verticle lines and you have a boba. [emoji16] View attachment 93082
View attachment 93081

Sent from my LGLS991

Nice work, what brand of boots are these?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

Here is an old thread of mine when I made some boots. I've since bought some but these boots are still used on my mannequin. Hope it helps

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/my-new-boots-9834/?highlight=ronin677+boots

Wow impressive? Which did you end up buying?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've come to the decision of either MOW or Landher, both are impressive with Landher being cheaper for me when it comes to conversion.
I don't have an exact rate for MOW yet but his are $180 alone without shipping included.

Landher is around 30-40 Us dollars cheaper and I'm in contact with him, but not with MOW yet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back