Looking for some help

Clynt

New Hunter
Hello,
I am finally ready to begin my first shot at a Boba Fett costume from ESB.
I have talked to a few people about were to start and many have told me either start with the helmet or armor.
I already know were to get the armor from, but does anyone know were I can get a screen accurate helmet that is fully completed?
I do not feel like I am expereced enough to make my own.
If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!
Drew

You’re spoilt for choice in the US.

Check Alex Lane, Wasted Fett, Superjedi, DVH / 7CS among others. Don’t know how long their wait times are, but from what I’ve seen they’re worth the wait.

I’m in the UK. Painting my helmets myself. I follow these guys for inspiration, as well as a few others, and they’re all fantastic. Not all of them paint the helmets the same way. Plenty of threads here with step by step progress.

Hello,
I am finally ready to begin my first shot at a Boba Fett costume from ESB.
I have talked to a few people about were to start and many have told me either start with the helmet or armor.
I already know were to get the armor from, but does anyone know were I can get a screen accurate helmet that is fully completed?
I do not feel like I am expereced enough to make my own.
If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!
Drew

Welcome drew! I started ESB 5 years ago with the helmet. Got bogged down with life after getting the visor installed myself. And re started up with the rest of the costume a few months ago. I would probably start with the armor first. It seems to be far easier to paint than the helmet, and a good starting point for techniques, if you are going to paint everything yourself. You could also commission someone to do it for you. I'd search the forums to see who does that if you want it done for you. As for helmets, I got mine from animefan, but roger12RAMJET above had some good suggestions too. Also, Bobamaker has a site and I've heard he's good. You can order most of the costume items from him as well. I believe he does painting as well if you request it. Hope this helps.

If you're looking for something complete and finished then the nex efx helmet is probably something you should consider. It has issues, all helmets available do, but for the price, which is $400 to you, then I'm not seeing a better option. One of the better casts out their is going to set you back around $300 in an unfinished state. Even if you elect to complete it yourself, which you don't seem to want to do, then you won't get any change out of $100 in paints and equipment. If you commission someone else to paint it for you then $500 would be considered cheap for someone to complete that work.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back