Left vs Right Ankle Spats (ROTJ)

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Fellow Fett's,
This is something I wondered about and maybe it doesn't even matter, but wanted to get y'all's thoughts. When it comes to a Hero ROTJ Boba build, the Ankle Spats, Left vs Right. Which one is which? I made the decision to go with Arkady on her full flight suit (Which is AMAZING by the way! :) (y) ) and with it came the Ankle Spats. I know it's kind of a silly thing to talk about, and again maybe it doesn't even matter or something folks don't even think about when "Suiting Up". I figure you've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right when suiting up. But, below are the two examples which I've labeled as "Option A" or "Option B". So......which one is correct?

Option A.jpg

Option B.jpg

Based on reference pics I've seen I'm inclined to think it is "Option B", but again I'm just not 100% on it. Thanks in advance for any input on this mystery.

Thanks,
-Iron

Here you go (version A - it closes from back to front, not the other way):
View attachment 194486

RafalFett - Like the 501st, I think you are considered one of the foremost authorities on the Boba Fett costume, it's variants and pieces used on the costume. I'm glad to see you noticed this post! (y)

Very well then.....you heard him guys "Option A" it is for the ROTJ Hero Fett!
:)

Thanks again RafalFett!

-Iron

Last edited:
The whole suit looks the same (promo and onscreen), but in the promo one is hard to tell if it's the same or not.

It's kinda funny but when Jeremy Bulloch put on his suit to play the part and in between days of shooting, do you think he or the costume directors really cared which was which? hahaha! Not having been part of the Movie Industry, I can't say....but fun to think about. :lol:

-Iron

The whole suit looks the same (promo and onscreen), but in the promo one is hard to tell if it's the same or not.
I agree, but to me it looked like the insides were overlapping the outsides. The only reason I do it the way I do is because it’s easier for me.

....And also the infamous "Flipped" Helmet Stalk/Range Finder in some of the ROTJ Scenes. But I feel like that was more on purpose. ;-)

I agree, but to me it looked like the insides were overlapping the outsides. The only reason I do it the way I do is because it’s easier for me.

If you switch the spats between them then the overlapping sides are on the outside, which is very likely.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I wanted to provide an updated pic(s) of how I did mine based on RafalFett 's pic he provided above....
Ankle Spat Configuration - Pic 1.jpg

Ankle Spat Configuration - Pic 2.jpg

I'm not sure how many people think of this detail when they suit up, but for me it was about trying to emulate what was worn on screen.
:cool: (y)

Best,
-Iron

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back