latest pix of armor

soilman

Active Hunter
I got a bit more done on the armor. It needs to be blackened and decals and LED put inbut getting there.

armoryell.JPG

armoryell2.JPG

lilburndiablo

Well-Known Hunter
Yea!

Good job man.

Keep it up. The yellow stands out a bit. I would add some dirt blemishes.

Either way it rocks!

Superb craftsmanship!

soilman

Active Hunter
Yeah the yellow is a bit bold. I will get a finer brush and touch up with the chrome, then I will dirty it up once I get the sticker on it. then black wash and dull coat.

BigaboyFett

Active Hunter
Leave it out in the rain for a few days. Is that Sintra? How did you do the dents? Looks nice.

soilman wrote:

Yeah the yellow is a bit bold. I will get a finer brush and touch up with the chrome, then I will dirty it up once I get the sticker on it. then black wash and dull coat.

soilman

Active Hunter
it is sintra like material different brand. I made the dents by boiling water in a big pot, laying the armor in water for a few seconds, then while wearing gloves I took a big Marble, and a CO2 cart. and pressed into the armor with all my might. then I reheated it a little and smoothed out rough spots with my fingers, While wearing gloves I used leather gloves. and then quickly put it into cold water. Worked slick.

I have not gotten to making my back armor yet though because I need an extra set of hands.