Jango still not finished but now it's not approvable??

TK3944

Hunter
So, I started my my Jango back in 2010, and have not been the fastest at making progress. You know, life sometimes gets in the way. As I pick my parts back up and start working on it again, and in my research, I see that the CRLs have now changed, and I can't get approved with the parts that I have collected! I have the non-dented Jango helmet, but the Arena jetpack, which apparently is no longer a valid combo. Just a little frustrated. I do not want to buy another jetpack, as I really don't like the Z-6 jetpack, and I don't see anyone offering a Jango helmet with a dent. I can't even get a new ASOK helmet. It almost makes me want to put the project back down... :unsure: So sad...

Wait hold on. But you can make a dent. Its not hard. I started one tonight. I'm just moving a 60 grit piece of sandpaper in a circle while watching TV.
20180703_221422.jpg

I've been trying to trade my classic jetpack for an arena, off and on, for a few years. if you're interested in a possible swap let me know.

I am facing the same situation. This is how I think I may approach the problem and I'd be happy to hear some feedback on this.

1. Locate and trace the correct oval dent shape in the proper place of the helmet.
2. drill a small starting point in the helmet to allow the insertion of a fine tooth saw blade.
3. Saw out the shape and remove the piece.
4. Sand and fill the piece until smooth on the reverse side.
5. the piece can then be flipped upside down and should be close to the correct concave indentation shape when placed in the same
spot from inside the helmet.
6. Use epoxy resin to adhere it in place.
7. Fill in with 3M spot putty filler, sand the hard edge until rounded over.
8. Mask off the dome only, Prime and re-paint or Rub and Buff the dome.

Haven't been involved with Jango for awhile and realize this thread is old... so refresh me if I am wrong, but is it not reasonable to assume that Jango Fett owned multiple jet packs before the arena scene? Was is officially stated that the arena pack came later?

Still seems a bit of a reach to me, and definitely something only enthusiasts would quarrel over. Have to ask yourself what is most important to you. Personally, I'd leave the costume as YOU enjoy it...but I certainly understand wanting to participate.

Haven't been involved with Jango for awhile and realize this thread is old... so refresh me if I am wrong, but is it not reasonable to assume that Jango Fett owned multiple jet packs before the arena scene? Was is officially stated that the arena pack came later?

Still seems a bit of a reach to me, and definitely something only enthusiasts would quarrel over. Have to ask yourself what is most important to you. Personally, I'd leave the costume as YOU enjoy it...but I certainly understand wanting to participate.
I'm guessing most everyone is shooting for 501st approval, as you mentioned, what matters most is what you're happy with.
To my understanding, with the dent, you're authorized to wear either Jetpack. Without the dent, you can't wear the Kamino pack.

So, I started my my Jango back in 2010, and have not been the fastest at making progress. You know, life sometimes gets in the way. As I pick my parts back up and start working on it again, and in my research, I see that the CRLs have now changed, and I can't get approved with the parts that I have collected! I have the non-dented Jango helmet, but the Arena jetpack, which apparently is no longer a valid combo. Just a little frustrated. I do not want to buy another jetpack, as I really don't like the Z-6 jetpack, and I don't see anyone offering a Jango helmet with a dent. I can't even get a new ASOK helmet. It almost makes me want to put the project back down... :unsure: So sad...

Just reach out to your GML and show them that you started your Jango long before the changes were made. When I found out about the changes in March, I told my GML and showed him my build thread here to prove the date I started and they allowed me to be grandfathered in whenever I finished. And I literally finished and got approved last week without any issues for my Arena not having a dent.

I also started building Jango in 2010 and scrapped/re-started the project multiple times since so I know exactly what you're going through. And yes, I'll eventually upgrade my helmet to a dented one as soon as I can snag one off Cruzer but don't let that stop you.

Hey Jay, I've got some of your Jango parts patiently waiting for me to get back to working on !!
Good info Jay, I didn't know that they would be that flexible to grandfather a build like that....
What were you working on last time we talked, was it a Phasma?

I have the same problem. Smooth helmet, arena JP. Didnt know about the dent. But started A month ago with an almost finisched costume.

I offer a dented jango but I have an easier solution. Make the dent with sandpaper, and I’ll send you cold cast resin that hardens with sunlight. Then buff it to a shine. No need for rub n buff

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back