Jango Newbie

O63R0N

New Hunter
Hey all!
I am very new at this, i've been wanting to make a Boba fett costume since i was 10, but the reality was i did not have the money to spare on a costume that i would grow out of very quickly, so i settled on a basic jedi. Anyway, to make a long story short, after ep2 i was converted, I have seen the light, so I am now in the process of making my jango outfit. All I have in my hands right now is the helmet, but my flight suit and vest are being sewn as we speak, I have an apointment scheduled to get my ammo belt and hosters made and mate who's handy with a metal lathe. I have a question though, what is the best way to weather the helmet and armour as I dont want to ruin my helmet with a botched up attempt.
Thanks
O63R0N

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. If any one has any helpfull hints on where to get my gear from or how to paint up the stuff, weathering and so forth, it would be much abliged

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the a good place to get gloves? I have been looking all over the place, and I cannot find any that are the right colour. The only pair i could find that were akmost right were womens gloves and they had the three lines down the back.

Howdy
Finally managed to find my digital camera. Here is a pic of my helmet. will update pics as my other gear turns up
063R0N

IMGP3417.jpg

The vertical T of the visor looks a bit too thin, it appears as if the blue of the mandible is too wide. I don't want to say destroy your helmet, but is there any way it could be shaved down a bit to widen the visor?

Could do, I just dont really wanna mess up the helmet. The way the visor is stuck in there, i would have to carve up the helmet pretty good to get it out. one thing i can say about this Altmann helmet is its sturdy as hell. Any suggestions?
063R0N

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this helmet needs a bit of work, for one thing the RF stalk doesnt drop down far enough, secondly the black trim around the top isnt parallel and thirdly the vents at the back arent actually cut out. *sigh*
063R0N

Not to jump all down your throat, you have done a great shiny job (y)

The vents on the back shouldnt be blue and what happens to the two triangles on the forehead?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back