Jango fett helmet paint colors

thatguy

New Hunter
What colors are the helmet? I tried searching but there are quite a few pages and sifting through that would take forever.

Ral 5000, RAL 5015 and Rub n buff for metal parts
Jango-Fett-Costume-SWTE-11-23-2008-38-RAL.jpg

:D

Rustoleum Royal Blue and Krylon Short Cuts Ocean Blue. If you have to get a plain helmet use Rub n Buff but I highly recommend you get a cold cast helmet, the look is much better if you get the real thing. R+B is just for touch ups then.

Also for most paint information look through the WIP threads and you will find paint lists. I try to always put paint lists in mine threads.

I'm having a hard time finding those colors. Will deep blue, brilliant blue, sail blue, krylon true blue or navy blue work?

You won't really have a choice when you choose the right colors. But once the colors are on then you will need to use about a 1000 grit sandpaper and just lightly wet sand the paint. This will give it all a even matching look.

The problem you run into is not the change in the color but the way they interact with each other and bring out subtle hues.

Find the Krylon Short Cuts at Joanns fabrics or Hobby Lobby.
The Rustoleum Royal Blue can usually be found at hardware stores like Home Depot.

And I don't mean for this to sound smart alec, but I found this on Amazon in about 20 seconds...........

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-KSCS0...&sr=8-2&keywords=krylon+short+cuts+ocean+blue

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-7...67590686&sr=8-2&keywords=rustoleum+royal+blue

I'd strongly advise against using Krylon Ocean Blue. After the several commissions I've done, the krylon is complete garbage now. You're gonna waste a lot of time trying to get a proper finish with it, so don't waste your money or time. I went ahead and used tamiya french blue. It went on like a dream on the first time

I'd strongly advise against using Krylon Ocean Blue. After the several commissions I've done, the krylon is complete garbage now. You're gonna waste a lot of time trying to get a proper finish with it, so don't waste your money or time. I went ahead and used tamiya french blue. It went on like a dream on the first time

Interesting, I have painted about 6 helmets with that combo and never had an issue. I wonder if it has to do with differences in weather, elevation and humidity and such.

The only issue I have ever had is moving too quick between layers. The paints will react with each other if you are not careful in between coats.

Interesting, I have painted about 6 helmets with that combo and never had an issue. I wonder if it has to do with differences in weather, elevation and humidity and such.

The only issue I have ever had is moving too quick between layers. The paints will react with each other if you are not careful in between coats.

Maybe, maybe not. I've used the paint in 2 different regions and still had the same results. I went through 3 cans of the stuff before I decided I can't use this crap anymore. Back in 2006ish, when I first started painting Jango helmets, the paint was fine. Then Krylon decided to make their formulas more "environmentally friendly" and that's when the paint went to crap.

If I knew of a better alternative to the Royal Blue, I'd have gotten out of Rustolium AGES ago. Rustolium paint in general is craptacular garbage in a can, through and through

I agree on the Rustoleum Royal Blue. The paint works enough to get through the process but I don't like using it. The nozzle clogs up on every can after one use no matter what I do to clean and take care of it.

The hardest part is finding replacement colors. The way the colors interact is just so critical.

I agree on the Rustoleum Royal Blue. The paint works enough to get through the process but I don't like using it. The nozzle clogs up on every can after one use no matter what I do to clean and take care of it.

The hardest part is finding replacement colors. The way the colors interact is just so critical.
\

Yea. I can't even find the royal blue in spray can form anymore. I've looked. I can only find it in a can you'd use for painting w/ a brush.

Nevermind if you screw up the paint, with any rustolium, it's an epoxy based. So stripping it is like trying to sand through layers of sticky rubber

\

Yea. I can't even find the royal blue in spray can form anymore. I've looked. I can only find it in a can you'd use for painting w/ a brush.

Nevermind if you screw up the paint, with any rustolium, it's an epoxy based. So stripping it is like trying to sand through layers of sticky rubber

If you have a Sutherlands, try there. That's where I found it. Took 4 hours to find, though.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back