J-kid's new chest armour &vest

Jangos kid

Well-Known Hunter
Hey folks. thought I'd show a few pics of my newly painted chest armor &newly completed vest. the armour is MLC & I absolutely love it!!! Thanx Mardon. I havn't decided if I like the paint job or not yet, so thought I'd get a few opinions if some of you would be kind enough to offer constructive critism. I screwed up on the center diamond, so I'll have to redo that. The vest isn't perfect either, I think the shoulder bells are too long, but I guess it will work for now. Anyway, thanx for looking. Thanx again for hostin Secol!!!:)
Damian

Tim Allen

Well-Known Hunter
Nice man, good to finally see a ESB paint chest armour around here. What colors did you use on that???

-Tim Allen

OverKill

Hunter
You using snaps for the chest and abdomen pieces and velcro for the shoulder bells and neck/shoulder pieces?

How long did it take to get your armor from over seas, whats it made from ya de da de da.

Regards,
OK

Jangos kid

Well-Known Hunter
Thanx guys!!! I'm using snaps for the chest pieces and the velcro on the shoulders works OK, but I'll add a pair of snaps there as well. Armour is fg and the quality is unbelievable!!! took a while to get it, but then I had been "in" on this before the cardboard mockups were even completed. It is well worth waiting for this stuff!
Edit: Heres a pic of me wearing it w/ some of my other parts in various stages of completion. Its a crummy pic, (flash throws off the colors :)) but you can kinda get an idea of the size/relation etc... For colors I used testors aluminum plate for the base, the green is Rustoleum satin w/ heavy misting of Testors dark gull grey.

Jangos kid

Well-Known Hunter
Yup, I used an airbrush (walmart cheapy) for the grey: Tesors Drk Gull Grey #36231, I also added just a tiny bit of Testors Steel: #1780 for a bit of metalic sheen, both are enamel paints. The green is just the Rustoleum satin spruce green that many used a while back, the # is CC87752 & it comes in a spraycan & you should be able to get it at your local walmart, if not, let me know & I'll send you a can. I probably would have used Rouge studios recomendation of the US med. green, but I couldn't find any in my area :( I think the Rustoeum looks pretty decent though if you airbrush grey over the top of it. Thanx again for the comments & hope that helps:)
Damian