Other Bounty Hunter Imperial Super Commando (Mandalorian) WIP RS3

Torolf

New Hunter
I'm well into building an IMperial Super Commando kit from season 3 of Rebels and I'd like to share the process. Hopefully it'll help and inspire others to build one too.
So to start here are a few reference images.
HU6UKHq.png

FuYm4M2.png

gG8OIK6.png

n5WVvdP.png

I'll start with the soft parts. I figured out that baseball pants were the closest option. I bought these since they only had one logo that will be covered by the thigh plates.
https://www.underarm.../pid1280994-075
I'll close up the pockets, take in the legs and add the panel lines.

For the shirt I bought this one. https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It has the correct ribbing, color and fit in the arms. I cut off the bottom half and used it to make the neckseal. I attached the upper half of the shirt to an underarmour shirt. I then dyed the neckseal and surrounding area brown and added Imperial cog patches.
I had to make my own patches since I couldn't find any that matched the reference.
R5ZFi0P.jpg

lp7o3HX.jpg

For the gloves I bought a pair of white band gloves. I then made the hand plates out of 3mm sintra and glued them on with leather panels to hide any gap between the plates and gauntlets.
aLYsN4m.jpg

For the boots I just bought a cheap pair of Funtasma trooper boots and painted the soles white.
8a4P7Kd.jpg

For the torso armor I'm using 3mm sintra. Both sections are made in two halves and the panel lines are scored in using a small file. The bottom section wraps around and closes on the side with velcro. The middle section is closed on both sides so it just slips over my head and arms and sits on top of the lower plate. The top section is still a work in progress but it'll go over my head then attach at both sides under the arms with velcro. The cod plate is attached with fabric to the front of the lower ab section.
QtpaRoO.jpg

yuB4dgS.jpg

dI6b5Lo.jpg

The belt is made out of leather with sintra panels glued on. It closes with velcro behind the buckle. The plates are 5 1/2" tall and there are 16 of them with about an 1/8" gap between them.
8FG3OnQ.jpg
\
4WURruo.jpg

I figured out that leather handcuff pouches are the perfect size and shape for the belt pouches. I had a few old ones from work so I just painted a few white. I also had to glue some thin leather to the front to cover the snaps and basket weave pattern.
JPEO6Lw.jpg

gcw2m9C.jpg

I made the jetpack out of 3mm sintra, thick wall cardboard tubes and a fake egg from the craftstore. The fuel cells are each made from two mirrored pieces of sintra, heat formed using a metal bowl and glued along the outside edge.
The other edges are filled with strips of sintra and the panel lines are scored in. The whole thing weighs about 3 pounds.
Bpw6rNc.jpg

APOAgga.jpg

iB2PSlM.jpg

Last up is the helmet. I bought a basic mandalorian helmet off etsy and I've been modifying it to match. I started by cutting out the horizontal and vertical visor sections and adding extra material to make the face section wider. I then cut out the molded in earcaps and filled the area with sheet metal. I've since glued in sintra and began bondo and sanding. I also sanded off the rear ridge and built a new one a 1/2" up to form the rear recessed area. I'll add the raised panel and quarter round rim later. I'll blend the front and back ridge into the dome and later add the new earcaps and panel lines. THat's all for now but I'll have more to show in the next few days.
AhAZIc3.jpg

S0hlvuS.jpg

6scLFXh.jpg

F6BNasl.jpg

HU6UKHq.png

FuYm4M2.png

gG8OIK6.png

n5WVvdP.png

R5ZFi0P.jpg

lp7o3HX.jpg

aLYsN4m.jpg

8a4P7Kd.jpg

QtpaRoO.jpg

yuB4dgS.jpg

dI6b5Lo.jpg

8FG3OnQ.jpg

4WURruo.jpg

JPEO6Lw.jpg

gcw2m9C.jpg

HU6UKHq.png

FuYm4M2.png

gG8OIK6.png

n5WVvdP.png

R5ZFi0P.jpg

lp7o3HX.jpg

aLYsN4m.jpg

8a4P7Kd.jpg

QtpaRoO.jpg

yuB4dgS.jpg

dI6b5Lo.jpg

8FG3OnQ.jpg

4WURruo.jpg

JPEO6Lw.jpg

gcw2m9C.jpg

Bpw6rNc.jpg

APOAgga.jpg

iB2PSlM.jpg

AhAZIc3.jpg

S0hlvuS.jpg

6scLFXh.jpg

F6BNasl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great looking build so far. Would you mind if I borrowed some design elements from this for my custom?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back