Heavy Infantry Build

omooney
Not gonna lie, this looks freaking amazing! Looking forward to your progress and end result.

Concerning mattman1138 ‘s comment of:

I’m going to be using this stuff called “XTC-3D”, which is a product by a company called Smooth-On for my ABS Printed EE-3 today or tomorrow, I’m doing a ROTJ Hero build myself. But I’ll letcha know how it goes. (y)

-Iron
Well now I'm using it too haha! I looked up the product and just had to buy it.It looks amazing! I've used smooth-on molding silicone before and I trust any of their products to do to do whatever they say it does. thanks for the tip!

Use with caution on small parts with lots of detail or angular pieces as it will pool and drip and muddy or obscure fine detail all together. I use West Systems epoxy as it is way more economical. I purchased a litre for not much more money and used it on all of my Mando parts and still have half left over.
I don’t want to hijack your thread but for anyone interested I go into detail in my build thread.

I've been doing some modeling and printing for the left gauntlet and wanted to throw the files up for anybody who wants them.
they're based off the Hot Toys figure so I'm not sure how screen accurate they are but they're good enough for my purposes.
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 12.22.49 AM.png

I plan on printing the panels out individually and then mounting them to an EVA foam gauntlet base, we'll see how that goes.

1352FE32-5D63-4752-A16A-EB2713E769D8.jpeg
Alright, so I went crazy over the past week and just finished the project up so I could wear it for Halloween. I didn’t do as good a job documenting the process as I should have but I’ll be sharing my process pics along with all my foam templates soon.

Amazing result. Any chance you're sharing the templates?
I’d love to and had originally planned on sharing them here but Most the armor was unfolded from a remesh of some files I bought on Do3D and after reviewing the license agreement, distribution of derivatives including remeshes is specifically prohibited, so I’m gonna honor that

I’d love to and had originally planned on sharing them here but Most the armor was unfolded from a remesh of some files I bought on Do3D and after reviewing the license agreement, distribution of derivatives including remeshes is specifically prohibited, so I’m gonna honor that
I respect that. Again great work. Would you be able to share the link with us? And do you have some tips on how to make 3D-models fit for template printing?

I've been looking at templates being offered on Etsy specifically made for EVA foam. Might pull the trigger on that and report back my process. Your pictures provide great reference!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back