Has anyone ever made a Boba Fett without the weathering?

marc815

New Hunter
I was curious to see a Boba fett helmet without the weathering and wear on it. I just bought the Target Deluxe Boba Fett helmet and wanted to start off painting it as if Boba Fett just got the helmet. (mostly because I do not know how to do weathering paint.) so yeah. anyone have a *fresh* looking boba fett helmet?

That would be a cool idea, I don't think I've ever seen a "as painted by" Boba Fett!

The Target helmet would be a great place to test out painting skills for sure!

Some people have talked about trying to build an entire suit like new, but usually get talked out of it as it doesn't fit thematically as the pieces and parts seem cobbled together. It's not like he got the suit brand new and it started to show wear over time.
If you're using this for practice or as a jumping in point for Fett, you might be better off trying your hand at weathering. There are a ton of tutorials around here. You could try both topical and layered and see what you like. I surprised myself with how my lid turned out and I hadn't painted anything like this before.
This was/is my WIP thread http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/...ainting-something-wasnt-wall-pic-heavy-49182/
I say pick a helmet and try fully weathered. You might be happier with the result and it will make a cool display piece. In my opinion, it's going to look unfinished, but do whatever makes you happy.

Some people have talked about trying to build an entire suit like new, but usually get talked out of it as it doesn't fit thematically as the pieces and parts seem cobbled together. It's not like he got the suit brand new and it started to show wear over time.
If you're using this for practice or as a jumping in point for Fett, you might be better off trying your hand at weathering. There are a ton of tutorials around here. You could try both topical and layered and see what you like. I surprised myself with how my lid turned out and I hadn't painted anything like this before.
This was/is my WIP thread http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/...ainting-something-wasnt-wall-pic-heavy-49182/
I say pick a helmet and try fully weathered. You might be happier with the result and it will make a cool display piece. In my opinion, it's going to look unfinished, but do whatever makes you happy.

yeah, I'll probably start out with it looking new (this is mostly for a halloween costume. I wear a suit and the helmet and become "Business Fett") and if I get the confidence to add weathering I'll do it in time. I also have a hasbro helmet I might turn into a Jango helmet (really ******** easy paint job) so I've got some options.

Isn't this just the supertrooper?

Good question. It depends where you take the whole "new helmet" thing. We know the evolution of the real life helmets started as supertrooper, but I assume he meant jumping in at some point along the way when the ESB helmet (ANH Special Edition?) was theoretically (in universe) first painted. Just a guess though.

Good question. It depends where you take the whole "new helmet" thing. We know the evolution of the real life helmets started as supertrooper, but I assume he meant jumping in at some point along the way when the ESB helmet (ANH Special Edition?) was theoretically (in universe) first painted. Just a guess though.

You are right! I just want it painted as if Boba Fett first aquired it, or first painted it, or when the armor was brand new in universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't this just the supertrooper?

Nah I mean when it was brand new in the Star Wars universe as seen in this picture: https://i.imgur.com/y8TUScu.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back