Happy Thanksgiving 2016!

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. :)

swthanksgiving2016_zpsmkxnokpd.jpg

Hope all you Fett heads have an excellent holiday. I'm starting to prepare our annual feast. . . indigestion, here I come! :lol:

Ha Ha! I was trying to beat you to this post! I said to myself, I'm gonna post "Happy Thanksgiving Fett Brothers" and then I said if SJ don't beat me to it!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys!

Main

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Dent Heads!

Let us, if only for one day, relax and put down the airbrushes, xacto knives, Dremel tools, soldering irons and other tools of mass construction, to be thankful for all the joys we have and freedoms to create what we ultimately envisioned both in family and fandom! Let's be grateful for those among us who have served and are currently serving our nation as well for they are the true wearers of amor.

So again I say, if only for a day, lay down the tools and stencils, and pick up your eating utensils, and enjoy a slice of our American way.

Sent from my iPhone

Is thanksgiving as big a deal as Christmas? I'm British and we don't have this.

No, it's not Andy. It's mainly about gorging on good food (roast turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, etc..), getting miserable and then watching football (American style, not soccer!) on the couch and eventually drifting off into a semi-coma from all of the triptofan (Sp?).

If memory serves it originates back to the colonists having a tough time of it and nearly starving and then the Indians showing them how to grow corn, having a good feast with their new found friends, giving praise to the Lord in thanks (thus the Thanksgiving part), converting the savages to Christianity (and wiping them out with disease in the process), overthrowing the tyranny of the British monarch for taxation without representation, and finally becoming a world superpower. All from planting corn with a little sardine in the hole for fertilizer. Go figure! LOL

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back