Graphite Troubles

TantivOdessa

New Hunter
I am painting my armor and using stencils and graphite paper to mark out where I need to paint. Trouble is after my first attempt on the stomach piece the graphite will not erase. I see this technique used all over. How do you guys remove the graphite markings?

TantivOdessa
I’ll admit when I read your title “Graphite Troubles”, I thought to myself, oh cool someone’s making a bucket with Graphite!

It made me instantly think of 2005’s “Batman Begins”. In that scene where Alfred is talking to Bruce about an order of Cowls and there being “A problem with the graphite”, hahaha!

Anyhoo, I digress. I’ve used stencils on my helmet and had no issues with them being covered up with paint. With that said, I didn’t necessarily remove them, they simply got covered up.

I know Lazerjock has done plenty of stenciling and I wonder, what say you Lazerjock on this subject?

Thanks,
-Iron

I guess where the woes are coming from is am using Humbrol Maskol and I am trying to keep it in the lines so the paint covers the graphite. But there are a few places where the humbrol ran over the graphite and did not get painted over.
The graphite just will not erase with an eraser or anything else. I think it bonded with the paint.

I am thinking I just have to be very careful not to cover any of the graphite. Or I may be doing something wrong. painting with stencls is new to me.

I used carbon paper originally used with typewriters. It was really hard to find but it worked really well.
If there was a line showing after painting I just rubbed with my finger and it came off.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back