Getting your stuff to Celebration

01Hawk

Active Hunter
This will be my first year attending and was curious as to how people get their suits to the event. If you're flying in , do you stick them on the plane ? How much extra is that usually? Mail them to the hotel? How do you arrange to get them back? Since I am bringing my Fett and a Scout ( and my regular clothes) it seems like a lot since the Fett is usually in a 37" rolling tote.

I was about to ask the same question... I will be driving though, since it's only 19 hours there, so I'll have no problems. Im taking my Fett, and scout as well.. never been to celebration before

01Hawk where do you live? I live in Georgia and will be driving. And from the looks of it Ill be trying to take my Fett or what Ive got done of it minus a blaster, Ill be driving my truck down to Celebration so if you need help its no problem. Just throwing that out there because I know its a pain traveling with gear.

This will be my first year attending and was curious as to how people get their suits to the event. If you're flying in , do you stick them on the plane ? How much extra is that usually? Mail them to the hotel? How do you arrange to get them back? Since I am bringing my Fett and a Scout ( and my regular clothes) it seems like a lot since the Fett is usually in a 37" rolling tote.

Your best bet is to ask someone driving like myself or others if you can pay to have your tote driven down. Your scout would be safe enough to go on an airplane...but I would NEVER trust my Fett on one. PM me if you want some hookups.

I haven't decided if I am driving yet. I am leaning towards driving possibly since I have a company car and it seems like the least amount of hassle between rental cars/getting crap on the plane or shipping it at this point. Would prefer to fly tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't decided if I am driving yet. I am leaning towards driving possibly since I have a company car and it seems like the least amount of hassle between rental cars/getting crap on the plane or shipping it at this point. Would prefer to fly tho.
I know several of your garrison mates who would lug it down for a nominal fee if you wanted it lugged there and back. Look within, the support is there. I'd offer but I don't think I have room beyond the extra tote I am lugging down.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

Just looked at the auto train .. would be over 16 hours from Virginia and $1k round trip. I think I will just drive.

Hard sided luggage, check some, carry on other items and use something like a motorcycle helmet bag for your personal item of your helmet (remove RF stalk if able). Make sure that you don't have anything "weapon like" in your carry on. Or you could always ship stuff to your hotel via USPS/UPS/FEDEX.

Like said previously... If you live a decent distance away, you can drive... I live in West Texas and am driving the full 19 hours because I don't trust airlines with my suits (Especially Fett!). Also in sure there are some garrison members that could take your stuff for you, or you could hitch a ride with them.

Goodluck!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

Me and my crew will be making the 13hr pilgrimage to the Convention center from Tenn.! SUV rental for sure! I hope its legal to drive/operate a motor vehicle in this galaxy as BF......

Luckily my fianceé and I live 45 minutes away, so we just have to load the car with 3 custom mandos, a Boba and Boushh helmet, and normal clothing. Hope there's room for her and I in the car!
01Hawk, I know Austin and Elaina! Small world!

Sent from my SM-G930P

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be my first con I'll have to fly to and the the first con I'll (hopefully) have my Fett done for. I was thinking of making an aluminum box to house the costume in I'd put foam in it or whatever and basically make it like a big hot toys/sideshow box. If I run out of time, I think I'll use my hard bike box for shipping a bicycle overseas and do the same thing with the foam. I'm not driving from San Diego to Chicago (again).

3954062950.JPG
273867407.JPG
629349991.JPG
1441306788.JPG
You need one of these , fits everything and is totally secure . I lined it with self adhesive closed sell foam and created sections using 10mm foamex and the grooves built into the box . Back plate and dismantled JP on one side. On the other I created two levels . Bottom level is compartmentalized. Helmet on its own , boots another and belts harness, Cape gloves and gauntlets the next. The next level contains cod /kidney with the flight suit and vest on top. My armour isn't on the vest in the pictures because I had washed it but usually fixed onto it.

Last edited:
View attachment 171821 View attachment 171822 View attachment 171823 View attachment 171824 You need one of these , fits everything and is totally secure . I lined it with self adhesive closed sell foam and created sections using 10mm foamex and the grooves built into the box . Back plate and dismantled JP on one side. On the other I created two levels . Bottom level is compartmentalized. Helmet on its own , boots another and belts harness, Cape gloves and gauntlets the next. The next level contains cod /kidney with the flight suit and vest on top. My armour isn't on the vest in the pictures because I had washed it but usually fixed onto it.
FUNKYRED! YES! The perfect carrier! That is so well organized and protected! I love it! May I ask...What are the dimensions is that Stanley Fat Max? Thank you for sharing.

Juan Solo

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back