Galactic Supplies helmet - Ebay

Lee27

Active Hunter
So i decided to purchase on one of these new Galactic Supplies helmet casts on Ebay and thought id show a few photos here to let people see some comparison next to me Don Post 96 conversion. As you can see it is very good quality, with sharp / crisp details and for the price a VERY good helmet. Unfortunately I cant build mine up at the moment as ill be moving home soon it seems to be a very good helmet to me, especially as you get a laser cut visor, range finder and lens in the set. Mine will eventually become a Boba Prototype helmet with the white paint job. Ill probably get another to do a Jango.

Rob is also a great guy to deal with and very helpful.

Enjoy the pics.

SAM_4817.JPG

SAM_4819.JPG

SAM_4820.JPG

SAM_4821.JPG

SAM_4822.JPG

SAM_4823.JPG

SAM_4824.JPG

SAM_4825.JPG

SAM_4826.JPG

SAM_4827.JPG

That's a bit concerning to hear. My helmet is apparently being made this week and will be shipped next week. Hopefully that will go as planned.

It really depends what you want to do with the helmet. It'll pass basic 501st requirements with a proper paint job. But for the price, you're getting exactly what you paid for. A cheap cast bucket of poor quality.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like a recast. I suspect it's a custom 3d model with the really weird flat parts he has on things like the ear bottoms, and a lot of other weird thing too like the left ear going all the way up to the rim, the missing 3 holes on the right ear, and other mis-measurements. I don't know any other bucket that has those, but I'm not too skilled of a fettistorian, definitely seems like 3D recreation markers though.

But yeah, not too bad a price for a DIY mando project or something. Fiberglassed too, although it looks like it's too thick.

Last edited:
I`ve ordered a Galactic Supplies bucket myself two month ago. First I was quite excited and than I realized that it is not the most accurate helmet and now I`ve already put some work in it. For example i've reduced the visor area with 4 x 4 mm plastic profile because it was much to wide and symmetrically. I replaced the casted borden connector with a 3d printed version and bought a new Range Finder. Especially the ears really need work...

It is a budget bucket and this is what you get. It needs some work to get it a little more screen accurate. I guess that I'll never get it 100% accurate because I'm not that experienced craftsman but I'm giving my best. I`ve started a WIP thread btw. WIP ESB Helmet if you are interested. There will be some more pictures next weekend. I was pretty busy during the last weeks and didn't have much time to work on the bucket.

It really depends what you want to do with the helmet. It'll pass basic 501st requirements with a proper paint job. But for the price, you're getting exactly what you paid for. A cheap recast bucket of poor quality.
Hi there,
I run Co-run Galactic supplies. Just to clarify, our Boba Fett helmets are NOT recasts. The pattern for our helmet was an original pattern make based on production photos and templates and measurements from this forum.

hello there,
We have never had a website. We only sell through eBay and instagram.
Ok then ! do your own home work and type in Galactic Supplies on the internet and see if you get the same warnings I did ? worrying on your side if somebody else is using your name ? only here to help o_O

Looks like it's some weird hardware supplier company with a half-defunt website that looks like it was built in 1992. Clearly nothing to do with star wars props, but yeah, mighta been good to go with a different name if not just for cleaner SEO rankings. But then again, shouldn't be hard to overtake them if you get popular enough. I'm honestly curious who's still paying for the hosting of a decade old hardware site that doesn't even function, reminds me of the space jam site and the heavens gate cult.

No problem, appreciate the heads up. We work on the film industry and we just sell and paint helmets on the side so can’t currently have a proper website. Maybe one day!
Many thanks.
Looks like it's some weird hardware supplier company with a half-defunt website that looks like it was built in 1992. Clearly nothing to do with star wars props, but yeah, mighta been good to go with a different name if not just for cleaner SEO rankings. But then again, shouldn't be hard to overtake them if you get popular enough. I'm honestly curious who's still paying for the hosting of a decade old hardware site that doesn't even function, reminds me of the space jam site and the heavens gate cult.
thanks! Yeah, I think if we ever got as far as a website we’d go with a different name.

I bought this helmet from Galactic Supplies a few months ago, sure it took a while to arrive, but they're built to order and are of very good quality. It needed a few corrections here and there - I too closed the visor up a tad, as it's a little wide at the corners, but it's a really nice kit and maybe that's the point. You could chop it a whole lot up and shape it to near perfection. Lots of kits (not just this particular Boba helmet) but things like Revell's Saturn V rocket 1:144 is beautiful but atrocious motors on the 2nd section, this may sound a little off point - but that's just it, this helmet kit is a mere £70ish quid and turns into quite an acceptable helmet after some playing with. RAK

Thanks RAK!
We really appreciate the support and constructive criticism. We’re changing our original pattern to address any inaccuracies that have been pointed out. We’ll release V2 in a few weeks.

This is a Galactic supplies/store helmet 80% through the build and paint up. It's all done now though. They're actually very good IMHO, a bit of filling, I rebuilt the coin slot section on the back from the blueprints on TDH out of card and plasticised it with fastcast resin. My paint job is what Mike Judge is to fine art, but hey ho...RAK

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back