Finally finished my belt!

Pavespawn

Active Hunter
Like it says, it is finally done. I am rather proud since this is pretty much the only piece that I made by hand from scratch. I used TK-409's pattern with some modifications and a whole lot of staring at reference pictures. It is made from balsa wood and leather, dyed by myself. I used white upholstery thread for the stitches. To get them the best as possible, I hand rolled my sewing machine, stitch by stitch. I am considering making a few more of these to sell, so your feedback would be nice. I did learn a few lessons on this belt that I will incorperate next time, namely, using nails along with fabritac adhesive. I hope you guys like it!
Dsc02842.jpg

Dsc02841.jpg

Dsc02845.jpg

Dsc02848.jpg

Attachments

• Dsc02842.jpg
    Dsc02842.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Dsc02841.jpg
    Dsc02841.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Dsc02845.jpg
    Dsc02845.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Dsc02848.jpg
    Dsc02848.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 42

Gator Fett

Active Hunter
:eek: Very nice work.

What did you use for the belt? It looks like a 3" wide strip of belt leather.

Gator

Last edited by a moderator:

Pavespawn

Active Hunter
Gator Fett said:
:eek: Very nice work.

What did you use for the belt? It looks like a 3" wide strip of belt leather.

Gator

Thanks. I used a 2 1/2 inch belt blank from tandy leather. Really tough and thick. It took forever to sew it.

Last edited by a moderator:

pghfett

Active Hunter
Very nice work! And you made it from scratch - the only way to do it more fun ;) thats what its all about.

Great job looks as good as any other I've seen!

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
:D bloody hell!!! that's a nice item that will fit your allready excellent looking suit!!

bravo :cheers !!

CombatBaby

Well-Known Hunter
very impressive work. i haven't worked with leather in five years. i'd like to try this again since i still have all materials in a box somewhere here.