Fett Mannequin With Progress PICS

Okay so I finally got around to making my Jet Pack Harness. Basically what your going to need is some strap material (black, 7 yards is plenty), 3 Heavy Duity buckels, hot glue/ glue gun, measuring tape, and a lighter.

jjflkei004.gif

Then, make 2 simple measurements. Around your chest and from your mid back to the bottom of your chest.

jjflkei006.gif

jjflkei009.gif

Then, cut the chest measruement 10" extra for play room. This also helps if you are to ever sell the harness in the future. :lol: A very good tip is to get your lighter and "melt" the ends to seal them up and to prevent them from fraying.

jjflkei007.gif

After you have your chest peice cut, set it aside and cut two peices from your mid back to the bottom of your chest.

jjflkei008.gif

(Mine were overlapping) After you get those cut, simply place a buckle on the chest peice. I ended up glueing one end to keep it secure. The other end is for me to tighten and loosen.

jjflkei019.gif

jjflkei017.gif

Then attach the two peices that go to your back. I use Hot Glue. Its quick and easy and holsd really well. You can do this and go back and sew but I personaly hate sewing :lol: These are the shoulder straps.

jjflkei021.gif

jjflkei022.gif

jjflkei027.gif

Then, attach the sholder straps to the back side of the chest peice.

jjflkei028.gif

***Isn't my baby cute :lol: :lol: :lol: She was like, What the heck is that for...:lol:***

After thats attached, test fit and make any corrections. From here, cut two 12" straps. Seal the edges using lighter and attach them to the shoulders. These will go to the jet pack.

jjflkei031.gif

jjflkei033.gif

Thats about it. I did glue my straps in the front and in the back so that they do not move. However, that is a personal thing to do. I like my harness very snugg and others might not. I also added a few "supports" to the harness.

jjflkei035.gif

And thats about it.
Also I finished the boot straps. They look a tad blue for whatever reason. Either the vinal was a very dark blue or black :lol:

jjflkei005.gif

Okay, just a little update on the Jango Platform. I really wasnt too into the color of the platform so I went digging around for some old paint in the house and found some interestiing colors. Got a mustard color that I had for a theater room I just finished and some different glazes. One glaze was a brown and the other was Najaho Red...:lol: yea, I wasn't sure with the name. :lol: anyway, started a few painting meathods and this is what I came up with. Would really like some input. I think the color is okay. Not sure really what it needs. There so many colors in the photos and its hard to get all them. But then again, who really cares? :lol: :lol: :lol:

JFPlatform003.gif

JFPlatform004.gif

JFPlatform005.gif

JFPlatform008.gif

JFPlatform009.gif

And here i'm making the ground part for Jango to stand on. I'll be painting the ground the same color scheme. Hopefully it will look good.

JFPlatform010.gif

Just Updating. I finally finished the platform look. The only thing I have to do is paint some of the lights to match the platform and a little bit more wiring. But anyway, here is what i have so far.

These pics, the paint was wet and will dry darker to match the front. Just lettn yall know. :lol:

ggdsreh009.gif

ggdsreh011.gif

ggdsreh018.gif

ggdsreh019.gif

And a few toys came in the mail the other day. I was very pleased with everything. I was blown away by what I got. Thanks Darth Fetty :D

ggdsreh007.gif

ggdsreh006.gif

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Really makes me wana keep going. :D anyway, I did the snap button tutorial on my jango vest. Eariler, I had just thrown some tape on it to show some pics. So, this is what I did...

lkjgtdsz004.gif

lkjgtdsz006.gif

lkjgtdsz009.gif

Also, What kind of Resin is this? I've gotten parts before from people who use this and I can never seem to find it. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong stuff. Its a white Resin that sometimes gets air bubbles. It seems to pull a nice cast out ot most molds with little fixing. I think cruzer uses this...already PM'd him bout it. anyway, here is the pic...

lkjgtdsz011.gif

Here a couple pics of me wearing the vest/ armor. That was befoe I put the shoulders and I put my Boba helmet on just for looks. :lol:

lkjgtdsz012.gif

lkjgtdsz018.gif

And the finished product...

lkjgtdsz019.gif

lkjgtdsz020.gif

The resin looks like its just a standard casting resin. Nothing fancy about it. Probably something similar to Smooth-Cast 320 from Smooth-On.

Really cool. This is!! Amazing how much you done so far?

Is this going to be a statue in your house?

Whats it for?

Yea, I'm putting it on disply in my house. I love anything Fett and this would just be the ultimate. I sold most of my Boba costume but still have a couple things from it. I really want a Jango costume to keep/ have forever and something to wear when trooping ;)

So yea, got some sad news. I went to the leather shop to start to work on my Girth. I bought 20 Meters of Braided Bolo from a site however when I started cutting I realized I didn't have enough Bolo...weird huh. Maybe they jipd me :lol: But oh well. Such is life. I guess im going to have to order another 20 Meters of Bolo, don't need that much but I like extra and hopefully get this bad boy on the road again. This is what I have so far...not much but its something...

dtfg001.gif

dtfg002.gif

dtfg003.gif

dtfg004.gif

Also, I modded the platform a little bit. I decided to add a dimmer in it so that I could adjust the lights to how bright I want them. Without one its bright. I'll post pics of that soon.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back